FPS Problems with Pop Up PFD?

Skydiver777

I have seen the ND is just showing a black screen when popping it up so I guess it is not yet finished. With the PFD pop up window I have the strange behavior, that frames drop by 10-12. Has this may be to do with the fact that it is just a duplicated view? On the PMDG I see the PFD black out when it is undocked. There I am undocking the FOs displays and have no loss of Frames. Would that may be help for further updates of the BUS?

• Aerosoft

That frame drop is surprising because on my system there is absolutely no measurable drop. As it is a duplicate no additional calculations need to be done so it should have very very limited impact. I have no explanation for this.

4 hours ago, Skydiver777 said:

I have seen the ND is just showing a black screen when popping it up so I guess it is not yet finished. With the PFD pop up window I have the strange behavior, that frames drop by 10-12. Has this may be to do with the fact that it is just a duplicated view? On the PMDG I see the PFD black out when it is undocked. There I am undocking the FOs displays and have no loss of Frames. Would that may be help for further updates of the BUS?

What are your system specs and P3D Graphics settings (screen shot preferred)?

Opening any addition windows can affect frame rates because you're system now has to draw and refresh more graphics.  With that said, I have the same experience as Mathijs (no effect on frame rates).  Also... remember that when you're on approach to an airport is when the sim is working at it's hardest for graphics loading, and you may well notice things during approach that you may not experience otherwise.

Best wishes!

Archived