CTD at start up (Chaseplane?)

Bennyboy

Hi guys, for some reason when I choose the A320-21 it will crash P3D V4.3 when I start seeing the plane... once I pass the start up (1 on 3 time??) all is fine after.

I think that it's chaseplane that is making this problem, also for the first time Chaseplane warned me with a special window telling me that it was installing ""stuff"" for the A320????

It look like if I start Chaseplane manually AFTER the plane as loaded it load ok... Maybe there is a problem with the A320 view system VS Chaseplane???

This is NOT happening with other addon plane

Thanks, Ben

Hi again, ok I did so. The problem Its not chaseplane or the view system...

The plane will load of 1 on 2 time, if it doesn't load P3D will exit to Desktop and close, what I see is simply a black window and no sound. To be clear, It won't exit to desktop if I touch nothing or click on nothing, but when I try to click anywhere P3D will simply close 

Here is what I think is wrong, 1 time on 3 I can't see any vehicle in the preview section when P3D load... this is when P3D will crash to desktop, it's when I choose them in the list but can't preview them, this problem was there before I installed both the A320 and the CRJ BUT it doesn't affect other plane so far as to even Iif I don't see them in the preview window they will load fine in the sim. What I do is load the default jet and change to the A320-21..

Strange but not to bad

If you have a suggestion fine, if not I can live with that

Thanks for your help

Ben

1 hour ago, Bennyboy said:

Hi again, ok I did so. The problem Its not chaseplane or the view system...

The plane will load of 1 on 2 time, if it doesn't load P3D will exit to Desktop and close, what I see is simply a black window and no sound. To be clear, It won't exit to desktop if I touch nothing or click on nothing, but when I try to click anywhere P3D will simply close 

Here is what I think is wrong, 1 time on 3 I can't see any vehicle in the preview section when P3D load... this is when P3D will crash to desktop, it's when I choose them in the list but can't preview them, this problem was there before I installed both the A320 and the CRJ BUT it doesn't affect other plane so far as to even Iif I don't see them in the preview window they will load fine in the sim. What I do is load the default jet and change to the A320-21..

Strange but not to bad

If you have a suggestion fine, if not I can live with that

Thanks for your help

Ben

Hey Ben!

So most aircraft developers will tell you that it's often advantageous (trouble free flight) to first load a default aircraft (not the F-22), and then load the payware aircraft you want to fly.  Some say this is because it ensures that everyone P3D gauges are forces to load, but I don't know why it is for certain.  But I've long did this (since the the early FSX days) to present.  You can often get away with not loading a default aircraft first, but I do it anyway especially because of the testing I do.

1. Can you provide us with your system specs?  Be sure to let us know if you overclock your CPU and if so what speed you have it at.  Also include if you're using a watercooler.

2. Does this happen at just one airport?  If so, which one is it?

Once I know your system specs and we rule out any hardware related issues, I'll have some addition advice for you my friend.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Hi Dave and thanks for the followup, it work perfect when I load the F-22 first, or anything else stock to P3D V4.

I have a fresh install on a fairly new rig, I5 8600K Non OC but in Turbo mode at about 4.2ghz, 16G Ram, GF 1060 6G on a UW Monitor 2560x1080

Yes I did use my old Water Cool system and the CPU run cool

When it does load... on the first time, it load very slowly, screen is black at first but I can hear some sound, I then have to click the minus of the window mode, click back to full view and then I see the plane but only in 1/4 of the window (left top), I then click on the plane and it goes to full view... very strange. All is fine after that.

It's no big deal to load a simple stock plane first, then the A320 load at normal speed.

Thanks again and have a great day

Ben

Archived