Managed Speed lost during flight

Mickey4673

For those of us with this issue, I think it's safe to say at this point that it was introduced somewhere around the 1.2.1.4 - 1.2.1.5 area. That's when I first noticed it. I've gone down the reinstall route (both of P3D and Aerosoft Bus), neither of which fixed it for me.

Clearly, at 1.2.1.4, some people got by unscathed and some (like us) got the bug. Maybe we missed a step at that point.

When we use the updater to get an experimental update, are we supposed to do anything else besides simply clicking the update/download button? Are there additional files to delete? Should a system restart take place? 

I'm probably grasping at straws here, by hopefully you see what I'm getting at... Basically, are we not updating the software correctly?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just my 2 cents on this managed speed issue.  I was having the same type of problems described above on every flight no matter the aircraft model, until my latest uninstall/reinstall of the AIrbus Pro.  The only difference this time was that the reinstall included all of the experimental updates as well as the non-experimental.  Only made two flights (today), but both have been flawless through out the entire flight.  Regards...

4 minutes ago, MiHei said:

Just my 2 cents on this managed speed issue.  I was having the same type of problems described above on every flight no matter the aircraft model, until my latest uninstall/reinstall of the AIrbus Pro.  The only difference this time was that the reinstall included all of the experimental updates as well as the non-experimental.  Only made two flights (today), but both have been flawless through out the entire flight.  Regards...

Unless I'm misunderstanding, this is not different than what I - and I'm pretty sure others - have done several times.

Just to be sure, you uninstalled, then installed the current production v 1.2.1.0, then you ran the updater and applied all experimental and "official" updates to v1.2.2.0.  Is that correct?

4 minutes ago, MiHei said:

The only difference this time was that the reinstall included all of the experimental updates as well as the non-experimental.

So if you could, walk me through this... Correct me if I'm wrong...

I should uninstall the Bus through the Windows program manager. Then reinstall using the latest download from Aerosoft which is 1.2.1.0. After that, run the Aerosoft updater to get it to 1.2.2.0. 

I'm almost certain this is what I do every time I've had to uninstall/ reinstall. Am I leaving anything out? Is that what you mean when you say that you include experimental and non-experimental in the reinstall? 

In response to both haroldeh and swa-midway, yes that is exactly what I did.  Prior to this, I had installed v 1.2.1.0 then run the updater to get it to 1.2.2.0 not applying the experimental updates.  Can't figure out why it would have made a difference, but in my case it did.....albeit so far!

Was there a 1.2.1.1 experimental update?  Was looking at my logs from the last uninstall and re-install of 1.2.1.0 and running Updater (12/14/18) and do not see a log for 1.2.1.1.  I have 1.2.1.2 - 1.2.1.5 and 1.2.2.0 .... but no 1.2.1.1.

Harold

Please login to display this image.

Successful flight with NO managed speed issues after another (3rd or 4th?) uninstall, paused a/v, re-download v1.2.1.0, installed as Admin, restarted computer, paused a/v, ran ASUpdater as Admin which installed a new version of the Updater, updated to 1.2.2.0, restarted the computer.

Then I flew a 3.5 hr flight KCLT-TKPK.  I did manually set CRZ speed but I was monitoring the DES page for signs of managed speed drop - there were none.

Don't know if it was the ASUpdater update or the attention to pausing a/v, and the 2 restarts or I was just holding my mouth right.

Crossing my fingers and will go from here.

Harold

Wow! Alright... I'll try this again following your steps. I'm with ya - this will probably be my 5th time going through the process, but I'll pay extra attention to everything you did.

Did you load the sim in between any of your steps, or just restart the computer?

Thanks for the update!

Jordan

12 minutes ago, swa-midway said:

Wow! Alright... I'll try this again following your steps. I'm with ya - this will probably be my 5th time going through the process, but I'll pay extra attention to everything you did.

Did you load the sim in between any of your steps, or just restart the computer?

Thanks for the update!

Jordan

Did not go into P3Dv4.4 until after  the restart after loading v1.2.2.0.

Let me know if a new version of ASUpdater is applied when you start it to do the update to v1.2.2.0.

Good luck.

Harold

28 minutes ago, haroldeh said:

Successful flight with NO managed speed issues after another (3rd or 4th?) uninstall, paused a/v, re-download v1.2.1.0, installed as Admin, restarted computer, paused a/v, ran ASUpdater as Admin which installed a new version of the Updater, updated to 1.2.2.0, restarted the computer.

Then I flew a 3.5 hr flight KCLT-TKPK.  I did manually set CRZ speed but I was monitoring the DES page for signs of managed speed drop - there were none.

Don't know if it was the ASUpdater update or the attention to pausing a/v, and the 2 restarts or I was just holding my mouth right.

Harold

Happy to hear the procedure worked for you this time my friend.

Best wishes for Happy Flights!

Yesterday i make a new Installation from Version 1.2.1.0

Then i start the update to Version 1.2.2.0  via updater.

At this time i have no experimental Update in the files.

After this i make a flight from LPPT to LEMD and all works fine at this flight. (321)

The 3 flights bevore the new Installation with experimental updates on board do not work perfect. (Speed + Printer)

The Printer works alsow perfect after the new Installation.

I think the experimental updates making the Problems.

today i will test a another flight

P3DV4.4

ASN

UT Live

No Corenado airplanes

Frank

I also have the same issue. 

My FMGS showed managed speed is 326, but on the cruise, the plane just decided to set the spd to lower and began to decelerate. I had to manually set the selected spd to 326 to maintain its speed. It was a flight from NZCH to NZQN with A320-IAE.

Also v1.2.2.0 and I have reinstalled the whole Airbus for 3 times.(P3D v4.4 upgraded with Client and Content)

Please login to display this image.

17 hours ago, haroldeh said:

Harold 

OK, now two successful flights in a row with my re-installed v1.2.2.0.  This one was a 4 hr flight, TKPK-KCLT, with NO managed speed issues.

Looked like there definitely was a change to the ASUpdater as it no longer listed the experimental builds, just v1.2.2.0.  Was this the fix, or my install process, or a mix of both?

Harold

Unfortunately, after my 5th uninstall / reinstall of the Bus (and following Harold's steps exactly), I still have the same problem. Here are some things I noticed:

On the PERF page during preflight, on the Descent phase, it has the correct speed calculated (something around 290 knots). During the climb, the speed on the Descent phase changes on its own to 206 knots and the Airbus rolls the speed back to that value (again during the climb). So the managed speed is calling on the descent speed during the climb for some reason and, on top of that, it changes the correct descent managed speed to a different value.

The value during cruise is another story. I just can't figure out how it arrives at a managed speed value of 117 knots, even though on the CRZ page, it lists the correct cruise speed.

Not sure where to go from here. Obviously, the plane is still flyable, but I've been flying in Selected mode since 1.2.1.4. 

52 minutes ago, swa-midway said:

Unfortunately, after my 5th uninstall / reinstall of the Bus (and following Harold's steps exactly), I still have the same problem. Here are some things I noticed:

On the PERF page during preflight, on the Descent phase, it has the correct speed calculated (something around 290 knots). During the climb, the speed on the Descent phase changes on its own to 206 knots and the Airbus rolls the speed back to that value (again during the climb). So the managed speed is calling on the descent speed during the climb for some reason and, on top of that, it changes the correct descent managed speed to a different value.

The value during cruise is another story. I just can't figure out how it arrives at a managed speed value of 117 knots, even though on the CRZ page, it lists the correct cruise speed.

Not sure where to go from here. Obviously, the plane is still flyable, but I've been flying in Selected mode since 1.2.1.4. 

I'm truly sorry to hear that you're still having this problem and I thank you very much for trying the uninstall/reinstall again.

Can you tell me what non-scenery and non-aircraft addons you have installed?  I'm afraid I need a complete list, if that's possible.

Thanks!

Besides scenery and aircraft, it's a pretty simple setup. I have Active Sky (updated to P3D4.4) and TOGA ENVTEX / ENVSHADE. 

Just for the heck of it, I just uninstalled for the 6th time, but this time I did a disc check and also deleted the Aerosoft Updater so that a fresh installation would also reinstall the updater. I ran everything as Admin. So I can report back the next time I fly. 

Things were going really well on this latest run, but about 46 minutes into the flight, the speed dropped to 117 knots again. Now this is the longest I've gone so far without having to put it in Selected mode. But we're back. Something is definitely going on in that FMC. The speeds are changing on their own somehow and I'm not doing anything at the time when this happens. Just simply observing and watching the computer change them on its own.  Whatever is causing the calculated managed speeds to change is obviously what's causing the managed speed to drop. 

I think I'll give this a rest for a while and enjoy flying the Bus as it is. I can comfortably fly the plane in selected mode without problem. The airplanes I fly in real life don't have a "Managed Mode". So I can tolerate it in the sim until a solution is found.

Happy Holidays to everyone!

Jordan

• Aerosoft
On 12/17/2018 at 7:37 PM, haroldeh said:

Thanks, Mathijs. I appreciate your support efforts, however, few in the real world have such pristine systems. 

But Harold, we would need at least dozens of systems to be able to get configurations that customer might have. I would need three times as many testers as developers and we would take years to test something. We know of some add-ons that change many of the default effects files making our aircraft look crappy. Many users have shaders tweaks that remove 15% of the difference in the darker colors and complain that the VC looks too bland. Some users managed to install 32 bit .net files in a 64 bit OS (we know of two FS add-on installer that force that and break most other aircraft. Simply no way we can handle all of that. 

The only configuration we guarantee our software will work in is a standard sim. There is no other add-on company that will ever promise you anything else. If you find that not acceptable I strongly suggest avoiding our software.

10 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Some users managed to install 32 bit .net files in a 64 bit OS (we know of two FS add-on installer that force that and break most other aircraft. Simply no way we can handle all of that.

Is this information related to the managed speed problem or just appearance of the Airbus? I think the Airbus looks great in the sim, personally! No complaints on my end. But if this could be causing the managed speed problem, I'd like to know what the conflicting add-ons would be so I can remove them.

In my case, the Airbus takes priority over an add-on that could be messing with files. I'm willing to try anything and everything! 

Appreciate it!

Jordan

21 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:
  On 12/17/2018 at 12:37 PM, haroldeh said:

Thanks, Mathijs. I appreciate your support efforts, however, few in the real world have such pristine systems. 

21 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

But Harold, we would need at least dozens of systems to be able to get configurations that customer might have. I would need three times as many testers as developers and we would take years to test something. We know of some add-ons that change many of the default effects files making our aircraft look crappy. Many users have shaders tweaks that remove 15% of the difference in the darker colors and complain that the VC looks too bland. Some users managed to install 32 bit .net files in a 64 bit OS (we know of two FS add-on installer that force that and break most other aircraft. Simply no way we can handle all of that. 

The only configuration we guarantee our software will work in is a standard sim. There is no other add-on company that will ever promise you anything else. If you find that not acceptable I strongly suggest avoiding our software.

The rest of my post that was omitted: " I understand your approach since it would be impractical to test with enough "dirty" systems.  However, you might want to have a system with P3Dv4 upgraded to P3Dv4.4 via the client install process incrementally through the intermediary versions."

Again, thanks for your support.

Merry Christmas

Harold

Hi!

I had a smooth flight yesterday without any issue.

However, it happened again today, on my descent path. The managed speed dropped to 157.....

Seems so far we can only live with it......😥

This is a consistent problem for me. It never goes away and I have to monitor the managed speed constantly.  Why can the developers not see it?  I just dont understand it! Im going to try FS LABS. i heard its alot better.

Ive just had the problem doing a short flight from KJFK to KPHL using the default A319 "Sharklet" American Airlines model , managed speed was 185 all the way had to manually set the CRZ speed for most of the flight.

the route was

WAVEY PLUME V139 BRIGS JIIMS3

departed off RW22R at KJFK , landed 27R KPHL

ZFW 48----   60 pax ----3306 kgs cargo ----fuel 6.075kgs---- route distance 170

Archived