Managed Speed lost during flight

Mickey4673

4 hours ago, masterhawk said:

Yes and yes. Save as soon as the issue happens and tell us what you did before.

OK.  Very next flight TNCC-KCLT.  Again, doing managed climb through 10,000 ft I saved the active flight plan to SEC F-PLAN.  Approx 16,000 ft, managed speed dropped to 203 (see attached screen shot and saved flight).  I set manual speed, switched to heading hold and activated SEC F-PLAN.  It restored the managed speed for about a minute, then dropped back to 203 again.  I continued the climb in manual mode until leveling at FL360 and into CRZ.  I tried re-activating the SEC F-PLAN but it did not restore managed speed, so I continued with manual speed .78 until the waypoint I had been flying to (DCR) was past.  Then I reactivated the SEC F-PLAN again.  Managed speed was restored to .78, so I reactived managed speed through the next waypoint (ETBOD).  Passing through ETBOD the managed speed dropped off again and set the CRZ speed manually for the rest of the CRZ.

The flight is still in progress, but I plan to restore the SEC F-PLAN once past the last waypoint prior to TOD and see if I get the correct managed speed for descent.  Will report back on that.

Harold

Please login to display this image.

A319 v1215 TNCC-KCLT 181212_02 CLB Managed Speed Fail.zip

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@2 hrs 43 min into the above flight, I changed my approach at KCLT from ILS 18L to ILS 36R.  That restored the correct managed speeds; however, I plan to continue with manual speed until just before TOD then switch to managed for the descent.

UPDATE: Was away for about 15 mins.  Came back 3 hrs 1 min into the flight and managed speed had dropped again.   Plan to re-activate SEC F-PLAN passing waypoint before TOD and change arrival to 36R and see if it will do a managed descent.

UPDATE for completion of above flight.

Passing CHS final waypoint before TOD (approx. 30 nm before TOD) I re-activated SEC F-PLAN and changed the arrival to ILS18R as before and cleared the discontinuity.  Managed CRS and DES speeds were restored, so I activated managed speed mode.  Then, approx. 5 miles before TOD, managed speed dropped out again.  I flew the descent manually having to change the approach again to ILS 18L and re-engaged managed mode when in APPR mode.  No problem from there.

Hope you can use the Save file to find a resolution to this annoying issue.

Harold

Same problems with 1.2.2.0.  Managed speed dropped off in CLB out of KCLT approx. 5 mins 33 secs into flight passing approx. 15,000 feet.  I did notice that the managed speed had just changed from about 298 kts to 293 kts.

I restored the SEC F-PLAN but like before Managed Speed mode worked for a couple of minutes and dropped again.

Harold

A319 v1220 KCLT-TAPA 181213 01 CLB Managed Speed crash.zip

2 hours ago, zhensanmao said:

It seems that upgrading to 1.2.2.0, all problems are solved, and it runs very well.

But not in my case.  I used the Updater to update to 1.2.2.0.

3 hours ago, mopperle said:

And what exactly is your problem?

Details of my problem are described pretty thoroughly on this page and the previous page.  The topic title describes it, too - "Managed Speed Lost During Flight"  However, there are several other threads by various people sprinkled about the forums describing the same problem.

Harold

41 minutes ago, mopperle said:

Yes, but others also reported it as solved.

Not solved for me.  See my first post 1.2.2.0 flight above.

Also, see zhensanmao's last post above negating his previous report of "all cured with v1.2.2.0."

EDIT - zhensanmao's image does not appear to show the same "managed speed" issue as described in the topic and that I still have.

3 hours ago, haroldeh said:

Not solved for me.  See my first post 1.2.2.0 flight above.

Also, see zhensanmao's last post above negating his previous report of "all cured with v1.2.2.0."

EDIT - zhensanmao's image does not appear to show the same "managed speed" issue as described in the topic and that I still have.

Did you run the ASUpdater "As Admin"?

14 minutes ago, haroldeh said:

Don't think so.  I'll uninstall, reinstall (as Admin), and then run the Updater as Admin.

Harold

Is there an easy way to force the Updater to re-Update?  I'm pretty certain I ran the downloaded install as Admin.

IGNORE - I'm going to re-install and Update via Updater.

12 minutes ago, haroldeh said:

Is there an easy way to force the Updater to re-Update?  I'm pretty certain I ran the downloaded install as Admin.

EDIT - Ok, I think I found the way to trick the Updater to re-applying the 1.2.2.0 version.  Compared the Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional_1.2.2.0_Log.txt log and the previous (which may not have been run as Admin) and they are identical - same 12 files and "Update successful!" at the end.

With the new files, can you try another flight to see if the problem remains?

Yes, but I'm going the complete uninstall, re-install, the Updater route.  Will probably know within an hour if the managed mode problem in CLB happens again.  Will report success or failure.

Thanks,

Harold

• Aerosoft

Okay, so we are in a strange situation now. We see the issue solved on our test systems and we have some customers who report it solved. Others report it is not solved.

That can have three causes, either we are not talking about the same issue, the conditions are not the same, or the sim setups handles the same files differently. It will be complex finding out what is happening.

Uninstalled, re-installed and ran Updater to 1.2.2.0 as Admin. 

Currently in flight in CRZ in managed mode.  CLB had no problems in managed mode.  Will report if/when I experience a subsequent managed speed problem or on successful completion of flight.

Given this bug was biting me every flight, this is promising.

12 minutes ago, haroldeh said:

Uninstalled, re-installed and ran Updater to 1.2.2.0 as Admin. 

Currently in flight in CRZ in managed mode.  CLB had no problems in managed mode.  Will report if/when I experience a subsequent managed speed problem or on successful completion of flight.

Given this bug was biting me every flight, this is promising.

Approx 15 mins into CRZ managed speed dropped to 104 kts.  Problem is not fixed for me.

A319 v1220 TAPA-KCLT 181214 01 CRZ managed speed crash.zip

For those reporting this issue... when you post, would you please indicate which version of the Airbus you are using?  We need that info along with any report.  We really can't look at any reports without this information given that so many people are not using the latest Experimental Update and still reporting the issue.

Many thanks!

4 hours ago, haroldeh said:

Approx 15 mins into CRZ managed speed dropped to 104 kts.  Problem is not fixed for me.

A319 v1220 TAPA-KCLT 181214 01 CRZ managed speed crash.zip

Experienced similar problem A319 v1220 KSMX-KLAS exact moment I hit CRZ alt of 27K managed speed dropped to 198 (speed that was listed on the DES page)

2 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

So that you guys are aware... I just completed 7, two hour-ish flights without any managed speed issues.

Dave, suggest you try this flight plan KCLTTAPA01.  It was created at www.SimBrief.com.  This is the plan I was flying yesterday in v1.2.2.0 when the managed speed dropped out in CLB and CRZ.  All of my failed flights have been with SimBrief created flight plans.  I also load the A319 in TAKE-OFF state in P3Dv4.4.

I'm planning another long flight tomorrow, KCLT-TNCA but I'm going to input the flight plan manually and see what happens re managed speed.

Harold

KCLTTAPA01.flp

Archived