Managed Speed lost during flight

Mickey4673

All 4 (318, 319 ,320, 321 Prof) busses are loosing the managed speed after different time of flying and the bus is reducing the speed down to 108, 114 kts for example. I tried to solve the problem by reinstalling all 4 busses severall times but the issue is still there. It worked fine before the last update.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Hey Mickey!

Sorry to hear that you're having an issue.  Have you updated to the latest experimental version of the Airbus Professional?

For me it happened with the last couple updates. I am back to the latest installer v1210. Solves that issue but its not the fix

I am following the same steps I have since AS first airbus. I am doing the exact same thing with v1210 that I do when I have the updates.The problem described in that link is loss of power. Mine is the speed drops. It wants to be at 201 at cruise even though the FMC says otherwise. Mine happens late in the climb and at cruise. The engines dont fail. I have to set speed myself (dial in and click). It holds speed then. All a/c 318/319/320/321

20 hours ago, Irishcurse said:

I am following the same steps I have since AS first airbus. I am doing the exact same thing with v1210 that I do when I have the updates.The problem described in that link is loss of power. Mine is the speed drops. It wants to be at 201 at cruise even though the FMC says otherwise. Mine happens late in the climb and at cruise. The engines dont fail. I have to set speed myself (dial in and click). It holds speed then. All a/c 318/319/320/321

Okay, understand, however there are several new things which have ti be done in the Professional version, things that did not exist in the previous version.

I have also seen this on my machine during beta testing and it has been discussed within the team.  Here is a fix to try, passing 10,000' copy your active flight plan to the secondary.  Then when you loose the speed like that.  Select heading activate secondary, clean up your flight plan so you are tracking to your most current fix and re-engage managed mode.  This has worked for me until we get this sorted out.  I copy the active to secondary anytime I make a change to my flight plan such as adding a star or runway etc.  Just copy active then if the speeds go south activate secondary and it should fix it.  Why I do not know!

Guys,

I am SOOOOO VERY sorry, the advice I posted was in the wrong forum post!  Sometimes happens when I use my Smartphone (Smart phone, dumb user!).

I've removed the post what was meant for a different thread.

Anyway, thanks for not hammering me, as my advice didn't make since for what this thread is actually about!

Best wishes.

6 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Okay, understand, however there are several new things which have ti be done in the Professional version, things that did not exist in the previous version.

I have been flying the professional since the 319 was released. What are the changes affecting the CDU in the last updates since V1210? If I'm causing it I would love to fix it but as I have said flying the latest download from the store has no issues. Only since the updates. I am keeping an open mind but the results lean towards a bug

5 minutes ago, Irishcurse said:

I have been flying the professional since the 319 was released. What are the changes affecting the CDU in the last updates since V1210? If I'm causing it I would love to fix it but as I have said flying the latest download from the store has no issues. Only since the updates. I am keeping an open mind but the results lean towards a bug

There are a number of things added, and I'd have to pull up the Step by Step in our Documentation and then compare it to the old Checklist to give you a comparison.  The best thing to do is perform the Step-by-Step and I promise the new items will jump right out at you!  :)

• 2 weeks later...

Not to pile on.  But since moving to P3d V.4.4 with the most current version and experimental versions.  I can't maintain speed.  FMS has the right speed but when I engage autothrottle I have to have throttle at Man to keep speed.  Is this an issue and is it being addressed?  Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Would like confirmation this issue - unexplained loss of managed speed - is being worked on for the next update.  This is a major headache and impediment to flying this otherwise outstanding aircraft.

I've been flying v1.2.1.5 and have the problem either in climb or cruise EVERY flight.  I see it mentioned that the problem was introduced with one of the experimental builds, so I'm going to revert to v1.2.1.0 and try that.  Yes, I know "experimental" means "experimental".

Harold

• Deputy Sheriffs

I did yesterday a flight with the latest internal rev. I had no such problem from EDDM to EDDF. Will do this evening another one. There is currently a lot done at VNAV.

9 minutes ago, masterhawk said:

I did yesterday a flight with the latest internal rev. I had no such problem from EDDM to EDDF. Will do this evening another one. There is currently a lot done at VNAV.

We have to get you out of Germany!  ;)

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, DaveCT2003 said:

We have to get you out of Germany!  ;)

Ok, doing right now KLAS-KSEA. 

SID: SHEAD1 via OAL

STAR: HAWKZ7 via LKV

A lot of constraints. SID was good. I expect also STAR to be good. So VNAV should be better now.

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 11:43 AM, haroldeh said:

Would like confirmation this issue - unexplained loss of managed speed - is being worked on for the next update.  This is a major headache and impediment to flying this otherwise outstanding aircraft.

I've been flying v1.2.1.5 and have the problem either in climb or cruise EVERY flight.  I see it mentioned that the problem was introduced with one of the experimental builds, so I'm going to revert to v1.2.1.0 and try that.  Yes, I know "experimental" means "experimental".

Harold

5 hour flight yesterday with v 1.2.1.0 NO managed speed issue.

Is it possible to get the individual experimental build updates?  I would be willing to try them and see which experimental build introduced the problem.  I think it was 1.2.1.4 but I could confirm if I had the experimental build exe's.

• Deputy Sheriffs
12 hours ago, haroldeh said:

5 hour flight yesterday with v 1.2.1.0 NO managed speed issue.

Is it possible to get the individual experimental build updates?  I would be willing to try them and see which experimental build introduced the problem.  I think it was 1.2.1.4 but I could confirm if I had the experimental build exe's.

just check in the aerosoft updater configuration to receive experimental updates.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Ok, after I also had this loss of managed speed for one time. It is very hard to reproduce.
Please if anyone of you have this again. Please save the fligth and upload here. A saved flight consist of 5 files: *fxml, *.abx, *.asc, *.fms. *.wx
All can be found here: *\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files

5 hours ago, masterhawk said:

just check in the aerosoft updater configuration to receive experimental updates.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Updater installs ALL the updates (or maybe they are cumulative and only the latest).  I do not remember the ability to selectively update - i.e. only apply the 1st-3rd updates and not the last 2.

5 hours ago, masterhawk said:

Ok, after I also had this loss of managed speed for one time. It is very hard to reproduce.
Please if anyone of you have this again. Please save the fligth and upload here. A saved flight consist of 5 files: *fxml, *.abx, *.asc, *.fms. *.wx
All can be found here: *\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files

Thanks for your attention to this issue.

I assume you want us to use the Scenario -> Save ... menu to save the flight?

Do you want us to save at the end of the flight or as soon as we see the issue?

Used the Updater and applied the experimental patches up to v1.2.1.5 and flew a flight from KCLT to TNCC.  As expected, I encountered the same managed speed problem as before.  In fact I encountered the problem twice during this flight.

First time was about 3 minutes into flight.  As I climbed through 10,000, I saved the active plan to the SEC F-PLAN.  Shortly after doing that the managed speed dropped from 297 to 204.  See below image.  I was climbing in managed mode.  I manually managed airspeed until reaching cruise, then I activated the SEC F-PLAN.  Managed speed for cruise and descent were restored.  I then set cruise .79 manually and walked away for about 15 mins.

Second time happened while I was away for about 15 mins.  When I left I set the speed to manual mode to maintain .79.  When I returned (approx. 25 mins into the flight) I set the speed to managed mode. The managed speed indicated .78/216.  I switch back to a manual .78 setting and reactivated the SEC F-PLAN again.  This again restored expected managed speeds for CRZ and DES. 

The rest of the flight was uneventful.

The attached saved flight was saved on the ground at KCLT.

Harold

a319 v1215 KCLT-TNCC 191210 01 SAVED FLIGHT.zip

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 12/10/2018 at 3:11 PM, haroldeh said:

Thanks for your attention to this issue.

I assume you want us to use the Scenario -> Save ... menu to save the flight?

Do you want us to save at the end of the flight or as soon as we see the issue?

Yes and yes. Save as soon as the issue happens and tell us what you did before.

Archived