Unable to run NG

vgbaron

Up until this morning, all was well with NG.  When I started NG this morning, I get a dialog for sim selection but nothing is visible to select - I'm dead. Uninstalled and reinstalled from v1801 zip file. After installation ( all as admin) I get the same thing when I run NG.  I've made no changes to my system.

Any help??

Thanx,

Vic

follow up - now, the sim field is populated correctly but I now get a message that "Critical error - can't connect to internet or server unreachable". Since my internet is working just fine I expect you are having server issues. I'll just keep trying and hope  you get it sorted soon.

edit: added the zipped log

Thanx,

Vic

SIMstarter NG.zip

Resolved - found the sticky above re internet connection and downloaded the installer - all is well.

However - since it was working fine yesterday - what caused it to crash today? I did change my desktop resolution from 4K at 30hz to 3820 at 60hz but I sure don't understand why that would affect NG.

Thanx,

Vic

Hi Peter - 

Same thing happened tonight - started NG and get the squashed pick sim dialog and then nothing. It was working fine when I shut down last night. 

Really has me puzzled, I try ANOTHER reinstall and see if I can get back to normal.

EDIT: Uh oh - reinstalled 1.83 - it immediately updated to 1.84 - i did NOT uninstall prior. - same problem - select sim dialog with no way to select.

EDIT 2:  uninstalled - reinstalled 1.83 - it updated to 1.84 - same problem

need some help - unable to use NG.

Thanx,

Vic

EDIT: Found the problem - an installer for a payware aircraft, for SOME UNKNOWN reason changed the appath in the registry that you use to locate the p3d.exe file  to the location of the aircraft.  I will contact the developer.

whew!

Archived