Moving greyed out sceneries

EastCoastCanadian

Good day, I’m just curious to know if there’s a way to use Sim Starter to move my greyed out sceneries in my sim library over the my scenery CFG. I heard that it can be done with Lorbys tool but I’m just curious to know if it can be done with Sim Starter thanks

• Deputy Sheriffs

Until now I never had the need to move the xml sceneries around. So why do you want to move them?

But cant you do this via the Addon Manager in SimStarter NG? Cant check as I'm not at my SimPC.

I have to give you the same advice that Oliver (Dev of Lorby's Addon Organizer) gave you.... don't.

What are you trying to accomplish?  I'm sure there is an easier and better way to do whatever it is you're trying to do.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

10 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I have to give you the same advice that Oliver (Dev of Lorby's Addon Organizer) gave you.... don't.

What are you trying to accomplish?  I'm sure there is an easier and better way to do whatever it is you're trying to do.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

It’s no odds I’m scratching that idea don’t want to mess up my sim when I’m not really sure what I’m doing 

1 minute ago, Navigation said:

It’s no odds I’m scratching that idea don’t want to mess up my sim when I’m not really sure what I’m doing 

As you probably know, the greyed out entries in the Lorby Addon-Organizer is for scenery and scenery elements which are added via the Scenery.cfg file, including the default scenery.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with this, it's perfectly normal and to mess around with them is going to cause a LOT of issues and may well lead to a reinstall of the base sim.

I would leave it alone my friend.

9 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

As you probably know, the greyed out entries in the Lorby Addon-Organizer is for scenery and scenery elements which are added via the Scenery.cfg file, including the default scenery.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with this, it's perfectly normal and to mess around with them is going to cause a LOT of issues and may well lead to a reinstall of the base sim.

I would leave it alone my friend.

Thanks for your help and advice I appreciate it

2 hours ago, Capt. PERO said:

Sure, it can be done with SIMstarter NG Scenery Manager (first tab). Have you tried it? I moved all sceneries and use the ScenerySpacer to sort by Region/Country.

Well might be a bit over my head and I’m afraid I’ll screw something up

Archived