LNAV Issues and Climb issues

MrGarak1

Hello,

So I'm having some really bad LNAV issues, I'm on the latest navigraph release and I just tried the experimental update, however I still seem to be having issues. But initially after take off, LNAV doesn't follow the flight plan, I can see the FD turning but the plane doesn't actually turn, I have to disengage the autopilot and change waypoints a few times for the nav to eventually work again. Then typically when I get to the start of the STAR the same thing happens again.

Additionally, when climbing in speed mode, usually the autopilot ignores the speed setting and it pitches up until the plane stalls, I have to manually climb for a bit to combat this.

These two bugs make this plane impossible to fly at the moment

• Developer

We had one report about strange flight behaviours that was caused by Accu Feel. Other than that I can only think of joysticks inputs that cause the autopilot to disconnect. You could try to change the Yoke AP Disconnect Sensitivity setting in DAVE to MED or even LOW and check if that fixes the problem.

So I ran another test flight, I tried a different route kbuf-klga, I had the same issues again, as soon as I hit the STAR it stopped following the nav route and went the complete wrong direction, banking until the plane stalled. 

• Developer

I don't have any issues here with 4.4. However, there were problems with people updating from 4.2 to 4.3 instead of doing a clean install. All those were fixed by a clean install. I assume that the same goes for 4.4 as well.

@MrGarak1 The only explanation I have, is still an external influence. Can you post your complete flightplan so I can give it a try here?

I did a clean install of 4.2 but I didn't do one of 4.3, I'm still on 4.3, waiting for some more addon compatibility before I move to 4.4

The flightplan was kbuf (BUF7, rwy 5) - klga(HAARP3, ILS22) 

GEE -> AUDIL -> RKA -> HAARP3 

You do need to slightly clean up the star by removing an extra LGA waypoint for some reason

Let me know if you need anything else or want me to try something, thanks for any help!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

No that doesn't appear to be it. I have NAV mode engaged. I can see the FD turn with the NAV line on the display but the plane just doesn't follow. I need to switch NAV modes from HDG (which works fine) to NAV a ton of times for it to finally re-engage on take off. Then as soon as I hit the STAR the plane does it again

• Developer

Can you give me an example of a flightplan where this happens? (as complete as possible please. The more information I have, the greater is the chance that I can find out if/what's going on).

On 11/30/2018 at 7:30 AM, MrGarak1 said:

I did a clean install of 4.2 but I didn't do one of 4.3, I'm still on 4.3, waiting for some more addon compatibility before I move to 4.4

The flightplan was kbuf (BUF7, rwy 5) - klga(HAARP3, ILS22) 

GEE -> AUDIL -> RKA -> HAARP3 

You do need to slightly clean up the star by removing an extra LGA waypoint for some reason

Let me know if you need anything else or want me to try something, thanks for any help!

This one I posted before is a good example

• 2 weeks later...

Additionally with this release I can't get any nav mode to work HDG or LNAV. I've literally purged every aerosoft file on my computer and reinstalled and it doesn't work. There has to be something up with the plane.

So after doing a ton of testing, different controllers, routes etc. I have this issue on all routes with all controllers. However it appears as if I still need to load a default plane to get the CRJ to follow the FMS nav at all, I thought we didn't need to do that any more? If I don't load a default plane first it refuses to follow any nav autopilot selection. 

I still have pitch problems as well, plane goes absolutely crazy after take off and trim goes all the way up to max I have to disengage autopilot and let it "calm down" before I can re-engage. 

I don't know what else to do at this point and it's extremely frustrating. 

I've also had a few flights where the nav is no longer followed once I hit the star. I give up, I have no other ideas at this point other than to just hope that one update you guys push out magically fixes it. 

I flew your flight - BUF7.GEE AUDIL RKA.HAARP3 - twice with the CRJ7, with the result that both flights were normal.

As approach I chose once the RNAV Z Rwy22 and the second time the ILS Z Rwy22, both were flown off flawlessly. 

Only during the RNAV approach the ILS frequency did not turn in automatically. 
But I'm not sure if that's the way it should be. The manual input solved the problem.

In general, the CRJ´s is sensitive to high speed turns with SID and STARS, they like to lose course and don't come back to it.

But if you consider that, the CRJ´s SID and STARS fly off well.

Do not mix different Approach routes like RNAV and ILS.

With the screenshots you can compare your settings:

Please login to display this image.

KBUF Chart: "TAKEOFF RUNWAY 5: Climb heading 055° until leaving 3000. Thence..."

Take off 190KIAS - climb 3000ft thence activating Autopilot (Speed 190KIAS and NAV was preselected at ground)
 After positive sign of route intercepting increase speed up to 250KIAS.

climb normal

intercepting RNAV Z Rwy22 (speed should be 250KIAS, I know :rolleyes:)

final

Regards, Wolfgang

Everything is definitely the same when I do that flight, I went through Chuck's guide just to be sure as well. The plane will just not follow any NAV in most situations for me

Really a strange Problem.

Are you still on P3Dv4.2 and where are the Install-Folder of P3Dv4? P3Dv4.4 is stable.

Some people have only partially updated their sim and get some probs. The suggestions is a full install of P3Dv4.4

Archived