Imprecise Descent Profile of STARS in Version 1.2.1.5

Hoffie3000

I'm using the A318/A319, but unfortunately I noticed that with versions 1.2.1.4 and 1.2.1.5 there was a significant step backwards when flying STARS and Transitions.

Example Route:
LOWW29 --> EDDF07R
LUGE1C LUGEM DCT LNZ DCT SUBEN T161 ASPAT ASPA4E   //DF644

I've flown this route four times in the last few days to verify this behavior.

With version 1.2.1.0, the A319 was able to fly the ASPA4/STAR profile without any problems. 
Everything as it should be.

But with the update to version 1.2.1.4 a strange behavior started.
With pass from waypoint ASPAT the A319 sinks at first, but not to reach the given FL with the required sink rate at the next waypoint. 
With pass from waypoint the A319 notices that it is too high and the Magenta Dot falls completely down, followed by a quasi nosedive up to >8000ft/min.

When the Magenta Dot is captured, the bus almost stops descending, although it does not reach the next FL at the next waypoint.
With pass the waypoints the same game happens as before - Magenta Dot drops drastically - sink rate extreme etc.
This is how it works at every waypoint. 

The A319 does not glide in a constant descent from waypoint to waypoint, the descent profile looks more like a staircase. 
Completely inharmonic and the extreme sink rates can only be handled with the speedbrakes.

To avoid installation errors, I deleted the current version, checked for file remains, restarted the PC and reinstalled version 1.2.1.0.
With this version the descent behaviour is as normal as it should be. 

With update to version 1.2.1.5 the strange descent behaviour came back.
This not only affects the ASPAT/STAR, but also the descent behaviour of other STARS is affected.

I attach some screenshots, but it only shows the observed behaviour in a limited way.

Regards, Wolfgang

Please login to display this image.

I am having the same issue, also on 1.2.1.5. I usually find myself crossing a fix with a set speed/alt restriction way too fast and high, even with max spoilers. I don't know if this is an issue with the flight model or if the autopilot simply isn't reducing thrust enough. One definitely shouldn't have to fly an entire STAR with the spoilers deployed!

I am on Navigraph 1812

Route was KRNO MRLET LEGGS BDEGA3 KSFO

The version number seems strangely appropriate, fixing these few remaining bugs is certainly an emergency 🙂 (sorry, pilot humor)

Yeah, you're wondering if you have to extend the speedbrakes, but N1 is above 40%. ( Maybe a kind of flame out protection?)

Yesterday I flew the route KMRY -->KPSP with version 1.2.1.0 and the bus handled the CLASN.SIZLR3 STAR altitude and speed limitations very well.

1 hour ago, aviator64 said:

I am having the same issue, also on 1.2.1.5. I usually find myself crossing a fix with a set speed/alt restriction way too fast and high, even with max spoilers. I don't know if this is an issue with the flight model or if the autopilot simply isn't reducing thrust enough. One definitely shouldn't have to fly an entire STAR with the spoilers deployed!

I am on Navigraph 1812

Route was KRNO MRLET LEGGS BDEGA3 KSFO

The version number seems strangely appropriate, fixing these few remaining bugs is certainly an emergency 🙂 (sorry, pilot humor)

Update - I flew the same route and this time, wherever there was an altitude range for crossing a STAR fix, I manually entered the lowest permissible altitude as a fixed restriction. The airplane flew it much better, but I still had to use spoilers when both descending and decelerating, which may well be correct. On the previous flight, it would try to cross the fix at or near the HIGHEST permissible altitude which is what got it in trouble further down the STAR. The program logic doesn't seem to be looking far enough ahead; my gut feeling is that it looks only at the next fix when it should be taking into account any speed/altitude restrictions further along.

1 hour ago, Hoffie3000 said:

Yeah, you're wondering if you have to extend the speedbrakes, but N1 is above 40%. ( Maybe a kind of flame out protection?)

Yesterday I flew the route KMRY -->KPSP with version 1.2.1.0 and the bus handled the CLASN.SIZLR3 STAR altitude and speed limitations very well.

The engine page did show "IDLE". Flight idle on my 737 and CRJ is way below 40% though, which is what made me wonder.

Archived