free expression

Kiesel1983

Hello,

TomA320 send me a warning because I downvoted some posts from the Staff of this Forum.

This was my opinion about this posts and as far as I know, freedom of expression is an important good in our society and firmly anchored in the law.

I let the freedom which I am entitled by law not forbid. Therefore I urge you to take back this warning immediately. If that does not happen, I reserve the right to take legal action.

regards

Please login to display this image.

Kiesel,

freedom of speech does not apply to privat company forums like ours. This forum is part of our marketing and while everyone is welcome to post here everyone will have to respect our rules in here.

Your lawyer will (for quite a fee) tell you the same.

• Emi locked this topic
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Actually, there is no "freedom which I am entitled by law" on this commercial site owned by Aerosoft. The site is for support of products sold or developed by Aerosoft and is not a public venue for your private opinions in this matter.

Edit: Emi, I see you helped him through his misconception before I finished my post.

• Aerosoft

And about the downvoting.... one of the rules that user Kiesel agreed to when he signed up top this forum is that voting is to be used to identify the usefulness of a post. Only that way does it make sense to use such a system. I assume that just as the fact that he agreed to the fact that we decide what is welcome here and that some parts of some products would be delivered after release was overlooked.

For example, both user Kiesel and user Grotzke downvoted the posts from the two moderators in this posts even though they were polite, factual and to the point. No reason what so ever to downvote as there was just nothing wrong with the posts. We'll not warn them again as we think the point is clear now. But please use the voting system as it is intended. Not because you are looking for revenge. That is not accepted and will simply get you kicked.

Just as a note, unlike elsewhere stated no user was banned, just warned and one user was put under temporary moderation. That was done to avoid fueling a fire we felt should not have started in the first place. When things calm down that use is of course very welcome here. 

So to sum up:

• This is our forum, it is part of our support and marketing. We decide what is welcome here. Every user here agreed to that condition.

Please login to display this image.

• Up and downvoting should be used carefully, to make a post visible when it is useful and to hide it when it is not or when the posts are inflammatory. This is explained in the agreement users agree to.
  • Connected Flight Deck was always planned to be delivered after release. This is clearly shown on the product pages but even though it is in bold some customer obviously and unfortunately did not notice that. In the specific forum section is more detailed posts from me about this.

No can I kindly ask for some less emotional and more factual discussion? If you feel that is not to your taste I suggest Reddit. But even there readers prefer the whole story and not just the fragments that suit the writer.

Archived