Sound when CLB is pressed

brtkstn

Hi, i flown today A320 CFM v 1.2.1.5 and i noticed that everytime i push CLB button during climb i hear one master caution sound "ding" and see ECAM message "speed brake is still out" for less then a sceond. The same situation is when i reach cruise altitude - one caution ding and short message on ECAM. Regards.

Hi, 

add me to the list. I also found it during a flight today in the A320CFM. During climb, it happens to me always when i change from climb or open climb to v/s mode but not the other way around and also not during decent and mode changes there.

I hear it too but did not think there was any thing wrong , i just thought it was just a warning ding to warn the pilots that certain autopilot modes have changed.

• Aerosoft
3 hours ago, keenrw said:

I hear it too but did not think there was any thing wrong , i just thought it was just a warning ding to warn the pilots that certain autopilot modes have changed.

As far as I know there is no such ding. 

We have been getting reports on spurious sounds ever since release but never found a way to reliably recreate them. We'll add more logging to a new build to fish those out.

Yesterday I made some test flights and I found out the following. I took off in the A321 IAE and entered 10.000ft for the inital climb and climbed on Autopilot and open climb to FL100. At quite exactly FL925, a short "ding" together with the master warning light illuminating came on. So 750ft before reaching the selected target altitude. I don't know if this is normal, but I would say it's not. Maybe this helps or can be explained.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Aerosoft

What is the weather engine used? We have seen this from AS because somehow the sim (remember we do not read from weather tools but we read the weather in the sim so what you see and feel matches our data) has very severe winds. We see framerate drops at the same time.

For me too. 1.2.2.0. A320 IAE P3D 4.4 using active sky. When altitude is managed (pressed in), a master caution single "ding" and FCTL Speedbrake still out ECAM memo displayed for a split second. Does not happen on ground, nor during descents. Seems to be isolated to climbs and level flight.

On 23.11.2018 at 16:16, Meyerflyer sagte:

Yesterday I made some test flights and I found out the following. I took off in the A321 IAE and entered 10.000ft for the inital climb and climbed on Autopilot and open climb to FL100. At quite exactly FL925, a short "ding" together with the master warning light illuminating came on. So 750ft before reaching the selected target altitude. I don't know if this is normal, but I would say it's not. Maybe this helps or can be explained.

Had exactly this now two times with the A319 CFM.....ca. 750 ft before reaching target altitude, in one case FL300 (cant rember the other one), short "ding" sound  and master warning light comes on for a second

On 23.11.2018 at 16:16, Meyerflyer sagte:

As I said, the master warning light came on for a split second. So, yes, warning light was there, I didn't see an ECAM message.

Archived