Hi

Is there any plans to allow for shorter push back distance? ...the default short distance can at times be too much and can sometimes end up missing the taxiways , going on the grass or worse pushing onto or near an active runway.

Thanks

Just now, keenrw said:

Hi

Is there any plans to allow for shorter push back distance? ...the default short distance can at times be too much and can sometimes end up missing the taxiways , going on the grass or worse pushing onto or near an active runway.

Thanks

I'll ask my friend, but if so I can say that it won't be anytime soon as we'd likely have to write an entirely new gauge.  But in the meantime, I couldn't possible recommend GSX or FSXV2 any higher.  If you're looking for a great freeware gauge then check out:

Groundhandling gauges (Pushback, Taxispeed control, etc) by Rob Barendregt in the AVSIM Library.  I can't provide a link to it as it doesn't work, but I found it with a Google Search for "Pushback Gauge AVSIM", or you can search the AVSIM Library directly using the name of the file or the authors name (or both).

Best wishes.

cool thanks for that , yeah can fully understand about the gauge rewrite, i will just use a straight push for short distances so its not a problem.

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.