The 'Print of Shame'

• Aerosoft

It seems to be a customer selected option but the bus has the capability to automatically print something when a hard landing is detected. Now, in reality, that's a very complex and complicated message that only maintenance people can decipher so we decided to simplify that. It now looks something like this:

Please login to display this image.

So when you hear the printer spit something out as you land, do check. Other new print options are also included in the next build.

2 hours ago, suniram said:

I got this one here yesterday:

not so much a greaser actually, but it was not me....the dual autopilot did that..  ;)

Firm landing on the spot beats a long but soft landing IMO. Those A/C can withstand a lot of force on landing...

BOOM the first one... A321, that pilot had no feelings for his aircraft for sure :D

Hi guys, i don't understand why you put new features to the plane when old unresolved bugs are still present? We should have a stable plane already (SP1) with separate navigation displays and popups. Then you colud think about candys. Don't get me wrong, i'm fan of this product but i just think that goes in wrong direction. Hope you will repair all bugs very soon. Regards.

As a happy customer with those two new features, I can say:

If it is a very small effort for a wanted feature, which doesn't affect any other development / bug fixing process at all, why not?

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, brtkstn said:

Hi guys, i don't understand why you put new features to the plane when old unresolved bugs are still present? We should have a stable plane already (SP1) with separate navigation displays and popups. Then you colud think about candys. Don't get me wrong, i'm fan of this product but i just think that goes in wrong direction. Hope you will repair all bugs very soon. Regards.

Because there are multiple devs who all work on their own part.

I disagree with it being eye candy though. No idea why other development teams simply do not simulate part of the cockpit procedures that are simply part of everyday life of a pilot and often are even mandatory. During a long flight, there can be over 20 things printed. Not for fun but because pilots need them. The fact other developers decide not to simulate that does not mean it is what is actually done by pilots.

Same with Connected Flight Deck. Flying on your own is illegal. no sane pilot would do it. I understand other developers do not want to go to the additional work, but we feel it is absolutely needed. We want to simulate what a pilot does and working with another pilot is an incredibly important part of flying.

• 2 weeks later...

Gettting better and better. TNCM RNAV. Right on touchdown mark.

Fuel used doesn't seem right tho. That's because I put in fuel after loading complete.

Please login to display this image.

Archived