Drastic drop of FPS

It is not so serious a problem, but I noticed that if I use the external external both at night and during the day I have about 25/30/40 FPS (depending on the city I am in), while when I enter the cockpit the FPS drops to 10 / 15 (both during the day and at night with the lights on and with the lights off).

I can not understand why this drop was so drastic. Is there a chance to have a lighter cockpit to avoid these drops?

The PC cofiguaration is:
cpu: AMD A10-6700 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Grapichs

gpu: AMD Radeon RX580.

Did you delete the P3D Shaders folder after installing the Airbus?  This is required because the product requires TrueLight/Real Glass.  Also, if you're using any third party shaders, then we (and other developers) recommend you don't given the frame rate issues they can cause (not often seen when flying GA aircraft, but seen with complex addons).

No, I do not use a shader of any kind. 

"Did you delete the P3D Shaders folder after installing the Airbus?  This is required because the product requires TrueLight/Real Glass."  I did not understand, sorry, I have to delete this folder? or do not I have to delete it? I just installed the plane and I did not touch anything, just run the updates using your program.

3 hours ago, magna91 said:

No, I do not use a shader of any kind. 

"Did you delete the P3D Shaders folder after installing the Airbus?  This is required because the product requires TrueLight/Real Glass."  I did not understand, sorry, I have to delete this folder? or do not I have to delete it? I just installed the plane and I did not touch anything, just run the updates using your program.

I'm answering you via my phone so I don't have the link, just Google "P3D delete shaders" and you'll be all set.

Best wishes.

Hi,

It is a very useful thing, what Dave recommends. Better not using third party shaders like Tomato, etc. There is no harm to delete P3D shaders folder also. It corrects lots of fpm issues after installing a complex AC or scenery. The only thing is that you should be very careful, which one is deleted not to end up in reinstalling the SIM. :)

A good manual is here: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/479630-where-to-find-my-shaders-folder-prepar3d-v2-v3-v4/

Hope it helps.

Archived