Using UTL with Airbus pro

Goshob

Hi,

I am starting a new topic with a similar one, which ended sometimes in 2017 when the pro version for Airbus was not available yet. Would like to extend it a bit having in mind the new plane.

1. Is it reasonable using UTL (Ultimate Traffic Live) with the pro version of the Airbus? What would be a good setting for UTL without overloading the system too much? It is clear that this depends on the hardware, however sharing some experience from others will be useful.

2. There was a statement made by DaveCT2003 in the old topic, which sounds good, but unfortunately unclear: 

"I strongly recommend Ultimate Traffic Live as well. 

One note, if you fly on VATSIM then you should install UTL, but then disable it (using Notepad++) in the CFG file as you don't want or need the UTL program loaded/running.  This isn't the same as securing UTL from the addon menu as the program still runs.  The models will still show up if you diable UTL, you just don't have the unneeded processes running in the back ground (which frees up CPU cycles for your flight sim related programs).

Best wishes."

What I want to ask is what and in which config file should be disabled?

3. vPilot is creating lots of error messages when UTL is on. Most of the messages are probably related to model matching of the AC used by UTL. Any comments?

Thank you in advance!

That could be caused by two things that I can think of.

1. You had other AI traffic models (other than those few default aircraft which come with P3D) and they are conflicting with UTL models.  This can be corrected by removing the other AI traffic models, or by manually editing the VPilot Model Matching Rules.

2. A bad installation of UTL, which can be corrected by uninstalling, rebooting, removing any remaining folders associated with UTL, and reinstalling UTL.

3. The last update to UTL was not done by the original developer, Flight1 had it done by someone else and this could have caused some model matching issues.  I've read a few posts where people thought this was the case, but there was never any follow up by those who posted so it might have also been there setup.

I used UTL back a while ago because it was the only real option for P3DV4+ users however I switched over to FLAI and since then I've not used UTL because the developer failed to continue with important (and badly needed) updates.  As I understand it, the developer issues were due to serious family medical issues, so I don't blame the developer, but it did leave many without a finished/updated product.  Since the developer wasn't able to complete the widely publized update, Flight1 hired a different developer and I've heard good and bad things about that update.  Anyway, I only use FLAI freeware, which can be obtained from Boston Virtual.  FLAI is constantly updated, which is very nice.  The FLAI models also don't have the large memory footprint found in some of the UTL models, so it's easier on the sim especially during flights where there is a lot of traffic.  Important to note is that FLAI does not contain traffic files, so it won't work for offline flight UNLESS you're using PSXseecon or Lorby's Live Traffic.  I've started doing this more often instead of flying online, but both the apps noted above also work when flying on VATSIM though I would only do so when there isn't any VATSIM pilots in the area.

The above is all the information I have on the subject.

Best wishes!

Hi Dave,

This what you are saying about FLAi is really nice. I tried it and is a good free tool when someone flays under VATSIM. My only remark is that even vPilot is registering more than 2,000 aircraft, the European airports are too empty. Maximum 1 or 2 AC even in most busiest airports like Heathrow, Istanbul and some others. I do not know the way how the FLAi was made and how the American airports look like, but this is my impression at the moment.

Thank you for the advise anyhow!

You are most welcome. If you take another look at my post you will find the reason and solution for what you described with FLAI. Additionally, there is a tool in beta to import FLAI aircraft into UTL, should be fixed and availble in a few weeks... I'll update here when its ready.

Archived