Cant´t start the Aerosoft Updater

Hello,

when startig the aerosoft updater i always get this error.

It was working very fine until this evening. don´t know wat happend.

can enyone help me?

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please check your anti virus software if it has taken any updater files into quarantine. 

Also please configure a folder exception within your anti virus software for the updater folder. 

vor 10 Stunden , DaveCT2003 sagte:

Did you run the updater "As Admin" and with computer security disabled?

Yes, i ran it as admin.   did´nt make any changes in my AV, all was OK until yesterday .

vor 5 Stunden , Tom A320 sagte:

Please check your anti virus software if it has taken any updater files into quarantine. 

Also please configure a folder exception within your anti virus software for the updater folder. 

No files are in quarantine and the updater Folder is allready congiured as exception

• Deputy Sheriffs

Just to make sure, which of the files is missing:

Please login to display this image.

And in the folder "Products" you have a xml file for your addon?

Hello,

after updating EDDH the updater doesn't start at all. A white Windows Comes up and disapears after a few seconds. That's it.

I exclude the Folder in Win defender

Kind regards

Michael

20 minutes ago, euf2000 said:

Looks like the ASUpdateUpdater.exe is missing, how can i get that back?

The only reason that it would disappear is because of an Anti-Virus and/or firewall.  See, the ASUpdater is not only an exe, but it attempts to open an outside connection to the Internet, so any A/V software is going to nab it.  You'll need to restore the file and ensure it's you have an exception for it (often done automatically when you restore, depending on what A/V software you run).  Restore it, and you should be good to go.

Best wishes.

Well, you'll have to find it in your computer security software.  I have no idea which security software you run, and it's highly unlikely that we run the same one, so you'll have to check out the software webpage or manual.  I suppose you could also contact the maker of your security software and ask for assistance, but I'd just consult their website, documentation, or Google      "[Name of the software] how to restore a file". 

I have exluded the complete Folder in Win Defender. Withing Defender Software Nothing is excluded what I could bring back. It happens for me after EDDH update. One day before that it was fine. What is the Problem? What could I do?

KR

Michael

• Developer

I confirmed that the hamburg_prof.xml is a malformed XML file. It seems that one line accidentally got deleted.

You're good with deleting the file for now. A corrected installer, which writes a valid file, will be available after the weekend.

Archived