Vertical profile in 1.2.1.4 - well done! :)

Meyerflyer

Just flying my first flight with the corrected climb profile and it looks and feels realistic now. :) Climb to FL360 took 22min now instead of 14min. Looking forward to the update for the A319 and A321, too.

After a quick test (will do something more structured later), I agree with Meyerflyer.

Very controlled and realistic climb.  Looking good.

Test done with A320 IAE.

Cheers

Jock

I did two tests with IAE and CFM. The IAE looks good.

The CFM climbs at 5OOO-5500 fpm with 169 pax and 57 % of fuel....

Best.

Miquel.

Hi, second test, 4700.

Is this normal?

Please login to display this image.

I can confirm the initial climb had been with up to 4200fpm after reaching the target speed of 250kt below 10.000ft. This seemed to be a bit too much of performance, but the rest of the climb was like expected.

A320 IAE

ZFW 54,600

Ramp Fuel 9,430

Trip YPKG-YMML

Duration 3hrs 15mins,

Fuel Planner adjusted using PFPX figures

Weather AS

FL370

Departure was pretty simplistic with rate of climb considered well within normal operational boundaries (pleasant after previous ver)

Arrival STAR had two constraints which were met.

Fuel performance was excellent.

Used CL's with 'both'

Into the cruise it was noted that the APU available lights were showing on the Overhead and E/WD. Both lights disappeared after 2hrs!

More testing required but happy so far, especially with Vertical Profile and 1.2.1.4

Cheers

Jock

Morning all,

A320 IAE climb rate below 10,000 with managed or non-managed autopilot: rate of climb 4700 - 5300 fpm. Is this correct or do I have a bad upgrade? New install, new upgrade applied, Win10. Every Delta pilot I talked with indicated this is excessive below 10,000 feet.

Thank you.

Jack

RL former air carrier pilot.

Archived