EDDK V1.0.3.0 update fails

alpha117

• Deputy Sheriffs

Try to run the ASUpdater.exe as Adminsitrator.

And btw. It is not recommended to install addons using the add-on.xml methode inside the P3D folder.

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 7 Minuten, alpha117 sagte:

Already run it as Admin, not used xml method either

TBH, this doesnt make sense at all. So if you do things manually, no wonder that you will get into trouble one day.

• Developer

Please login to display this image.

It should look like this (just in English of course) - with a fully qualified path to the EXE file. Did you move your Cologne-Folder after installation?

2 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

Please login to display this image.

It should look like this (just in English of course) - with a fully qualified path to the EXE file. Did you move your Cologne-Folder after installation?

No

• Developer

But you made one huge mistake.... you installed a third party scenery into your P3D main folder (during installation). That results in the path being clipped. Everything works, just not the P3D main folder. We recommend a separate folder for all add-ons that use the new one folder installation. Uninstalling Cologne and reinstalling into another (any other) location should solve the issue.

• Developer
vor 49 Minuten, strzag sagte:

the last update went without problems.
This brings me the following error message

Please at least read what has been posted in the current thread before you make a new post. Thank you.

• Developer
13 minutes ago, strzag said:

es steht doch in der Überschrift das es Fehler beim Update gibt, sollte ich einen neuen Beitrag eröffnen.

But the reason for your issue is already discussed here, so read the thread, not only the headline:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/140963-eddk-v1030-update-fails/&do=findComment&comment=911076

Which tool this generate you can read two posts later

6 hours ago, BT318 said:

The Addon-Path for Updates is wrong: It should be only : ...\Prepar3d v4\Cologne-Bonn Professional  and not ... \Prepar3d v4\Cologne-Bonn professional\SimObjects. 

I encountered the problem in this thread too.  How can I fix this myself?

Archived