Version 1.2.1.4

wsciutti

Good morning Gentlemen.

I'll try to give as much info as possible using the new release: A321,KATL-KRIC

ZFW: 59.1

CG: 26.0

Fuel:8.3

Pax:146

V1: 121

Vr: 130

V2: 136

After gear up, climb power, Managed climb the rate of climb : 4,000+ and remained high reduced  at FL240 down to 3200 FPM.

The A320 IE on the other hand, seemed to be normal although you know the bus better than I. Same route, used fuel planner:

A3201,KATL-KRIC

ZFW: 53.5

CG: 26.0

Fuel:7.44

Pax:146

V1: 148

Vr: 149

V2: 150

Managed climb to FL310, the ROC never got above 2,000FPM started at 1400 FPM.

I guess my question is this: Does the A321 really climb that fast or should it be like the A320?

Many thanks.

Jack

Did you read the release notes for the last update? I cite for you: "A320 IAE and CFM climbprofiles overhauled". What is not written there is the fact that currently all climb profiles are overhauled, but those for the A321 IAE and CFM and the A319 CFM are not yet ready and will following in one of the next updates. It is a pity, but until then, I use the manual V/S setting if the climb rate becomes too ridiculous. Otherwise, I have to restrict myself to the A320 IAE and CFM and the A319 IAE variants. Currently I do not fly the A321 at all due to this bug...

Archived