Dave and aircraft state

Tobus

Hi,

I have installed the newest installer and hotfixes of the crj. Upon setting ac states with Dave, i cant get engines to start from cold n dark. Top line "configuring aircraft, please wait" does not disappear. How to solve?

• 1 month later...

Hi

I can't start Engines with states Cold Dark, Turnaround or Ready for engine start.
Clicking the start button, nothings happen.
Only ready for taxi makes it work

Panel State
- Throttles in ELE
- Pumps on
- ISOL Valve open
- Hydralics AUTO

- Batt master & DC Service ON
- APU On and APU Gen on  OR GndPWR connected and "In Use"

Version 1.2.2.3 (Had an really old version before and then I never had this problem.)

Mats

• 4 months later...

First of all the question have you the actual Version 1.2.3.0 installed?

Let ISOL Valv closed

See at the picture the right thrust lever is in idle position after engine start, left thrust lever is before engine start.
To start first move the red lever under the left thrust lever to unlock the thrust lever then move the thrust lever in idle position.

Please login to display this image.

I also had this frustration - until I re-read the manual.  It says somewhere to load a default aircraft first with engines running, then load the CRJ.  At that point you can set your aircraft state via Dave.  I haven't had a problem since.

Hoffie, I see you're a glider pilot.  It's a great sport.  That was something I did in my previous life.  I flew for the Otago Gliding Club here in New Zealand for quite a few years.  I was the CFI for a while until I moved location because of my job.  Have got a 1000 hours in my log book.  Unfortunately the club folded up back in the mid 80's and I haven't done any gliding since.     

Cheers

Bruce R

vor 9 Stunden , mseder sagte:

Still no answer from anyone.
Not being able to start the engines do not seems like a detail !?

Mats

Hello Mats,

I think you don't get any answers because there is no known issue with the eng start. Those that reported such things had mostly missconfigured panel states.

Since this issue is bothering you nearly half a year now, I could take a look at your starting procedure via TeamViewer if you like. Otherwise I realy suggest you to go through the tutorial flight step by step (careful..the last time I did it there were some minor steps that didn't had the explained results, the aircraft did work though).

• Developer

I'm sorry, I probably saw this thread, but had no explanation about what's going on and then forgot to respond.

Anyway, I can make the same offer as GEK and take a look into the engine startup process via Teamviewer to find out if there's any problem. If there is, it's most likely related to the loaded scenario. As a start, you could try out my startup scenario: AC11 EDDM 08R.zip

Just unzip it into Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files and load it into P3D. After that, load the CRJ and try if starting the engines by changing the aircraft state works or not.

@Hans Hartmann

@mseder said he has having the issue only after updating the CRJ from a "realy old version". If you remember there was something wrong with the start logic in earlyer version: engines would start regardless of APU or GP state.

You have corrected this issues and the logic works now correct (or as axpected). I suppose @mseder did constantly something wrong in the preparation for engine start but due to the wrong logic, they always worked.

So I expect something in the BLEED air source....and if I'm not mistaken it could be the ISOL Valve to the OPEN state when the source is BOTH ENGINES.

With ISOL VALVE OPEN the source must be set to APU

With ISOL VALVE CLSD the source can be whatever

• 1 month later...

Sorry I was about to give up this so I'm glad to see this response.
I uploaded my panels just before I'm clicking on the Right Engine Start button (nothing happens)
What's wrong?

vor 3 Stunden , mseder sagte:

I uploaded my panels just before I'm clicking on the Right Engine Start button (nothing happens)

You again have ISOL VALVE at OPEN and source set to BOTH ENG

Did you not read this?

On 17.5.2019 at 09:54, GEK_the_Reaper sagte:

With ISOL VALVE OPEN the source must be set to APU

With ISOL VALVE CLSD the source can be whatever

Setting the state to "Ready for engine start" doesn't help.
"Ready for taxi" starts the engines and so does Ctrl-E.

On 5/17/2019 at 8:52 AM, Hans Hartmann said:

Just unzip it into Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files and load it into P3D. After that, load the CRJ and try if starting the engines by changing the aircraft state works or not.

Thank's but I'm running FSX

On 5/17/2019 at 5:29 AM, Bruce R said:

also had this frustration - until I re-read the manual.  It says somewhere to load a default aircraft first with engines running, then load the CRJ.  At that point you can set your aircraft state via Dave.  I haven't had a problem since.

That seems to work, but then the configs are "leaking" from one flight to another, who want such dependencies?
And in that case, what's the point having selectable aircraftstates?

Mats

On 5/17/2019 at 8:52 AM, Hans Hartmann said:

If there is, it's most likely related to the loaded scenario.

And Hans, yes that seems to be the case.
E.g. loading a previous CRJ flight where the aircraft was closed down just returns trash, nothing seem to be remembered.
So that leaves you with only one reasonable option, that is to use the aircraft states, which then doesn't seem to work either.

- Isol. valve open + source
CHECKED, NOT THE ISSUE

- "wait for N2 to increase up to 20% before injecting the fuel"
CHECKED,  NOT THE ISSUE

- Ending the previous flight with engines running
CHECKED - WORKING BUT NOT A SOLUTION, RATHER A BUG

Comments like "I think you don't get any answers because there is no known issue with the eng start" seems more like a cheap escape I must say.

There is obviously a problem with panel states + aircraft states, but I did not introduce it.

I guess I'm back to square one, can't start the aircraft!

Mats Sederholm

• Developer
vor 19 Stunden , mseder sagte:

- Ending the previous flight with engines running
CHECKED - WORKING BUT NOT A SOLUTION, RATHER A BUG

Do you run into this problem when you make your second flight in a row? Or always?

Hi Hans

I always load an existing flight and then I always run into these problems.
I have several CRJ flights that I load and none of them seems to work.

I made this test right now, it includes a various combinations of starting and states
All the scenarios are done one after another with no interruptions

Scenario 1
----------------

- Start a new flight, selecting the aircraft in the FSX menu, flight starts with engines running.
- I set the aircraftstate "turnaround".
- Setting up fuel pumps etc
- Starting engines works!
- Closing the engines (that's all)
- Saving the flight

Scenario 2
----------------
- Restart FSX

- Loading the flight
- Most of the previous settings are lost, so I again set aircraftstate to "turnaround"
- Starting engines NOT working

Scenario 3
----------------

- End flight, create new flight selecting an CRJ aircraft (another livery)
- Starting engines NOT working

Scenario 4
----------------
- I set the aircraftstate "ready for taxi".
- Engines starting
- Saving the flight
- Loading the flight, engines are running, closing engines
- Starting engines works!

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/1/2019 at 6:00 PM, Hans Hartmann said:

I think I solved this one. Will be available with the next update. The reason lay within loading the flight, not the engine startup itself.

Any date for his

Archived