P3Dv4: Problems with EDDK

Querer

Hi all,

I am really amazed by the novel EDDK scenery, it looks phenomenal and the performance for its looks is also great. However, there are some things that bother me and currently one big problem. The stuff that bothers me is the huge photoground around the airport. I optimized my sim on lc based sceneries, that's why I have to get along with all the blurry problems a photoscenery has in P3Dv4. Furthermore, now in autumn, the colour of the photoground does not match my setup (FTX Global, FTX Vector), way to brownish. It would be nice if the photoground could be deactivated outside the airport boundaries...

But the really annoying issue: I did some flights out of EDDK without any problem. Using the AS bus to Zurich and flying around with the R22 for sightseeing, the airport works as intended. In contrast, I never managed to land on EDDK when flying in from another airport. Two flights I did on the weekend to test EDDK, one coming from LSZH with the Eurowings A319 IAE variant and one with the SN Brussels A319 CFM variant from EBBR. In both cases, ProATC/X did not assign me a STAR but vectored me to ILS14L via KBO11. And in both cases, shortly before turning into final, the sim suddenly stuck for several seconds and then simply crashed to the desktop. No error message, nothing in the eventviewer. I did not yet have time to use another approach.

Does anybody have an idea what could be the reason for such CTDs without any error message? The long pause just prior to the crash with the sound continuing, ProATC/X continuing, somehow gives the impression that the sim tries to load something and fails. No idea what. I checked my AI traffic (UT2 heavily modified) and no, I currently have no FS9 model in use. Besides that, when taking off from EDDK, AI traffic is loaded without any issue. I am really lost, even from EBBR it takes me almost an hour to reach EDDK to further test if this CTD is really reproducible, longer flights I do not dare as the disappointment of a CTD when approaching is even bigger after 3-4h flight time. What can I do?

Regards

Chris

Hi. The last crashes i noticed with my PC i had while i lifted the frequency of the ram with the BIOS. After having some crashes i made it back normal. So i had never any crash with my P3D to Desktop again. ProATC i have the feeling the support has stopped. Its already so long on 1925 and with known issues. But no updates so far. Everybody has issues with ProATC. Go back to Version 1.8.xx with Pro ATC. It was a reliable version. You can download it in their Forum. 

Hmm, I have my RAM set on the XMP profile, nothing special about this. Never had any issue with this, on none of the airport sceneries I use. While it is not completely unlikely, I think adjusting RAM clocks to make a scenery run ok is not the way to go... Regarding ProATC/X: I will try once without. However, as ProATC/X was running ok in the background and also "survived" the CTD, I think that it is not related. Also never had any CTD on any other airport scenery and I always fly with ProATC/X in combination with the AS busses.

• Aerosoft

I would disregard any possible hardware related issue. It will be very hard to find out what causes this issue for two reasons. First as far as I know there are no other users who reported it and secondly there is nothing listed in the logs. 

One thing we seen over and over the last few months is that sims updated with the client only update often seem to have problems. Could it be you did that?

Yes, I did it like that when I switched from 4.2 to 4.3, as a complete re-installation takes hours to finish. Might be related to this, but this would be really a show-stopper for this scenery, as I am not really thinking about re-installation of the full P3D just because a single scenery can not cope with this... If this is really the only "solution", I am lost...

• Aerosoft

Yeah but..... if the sim is not correct, we can't guarantee the add-on. Keep in mind that products like this scenery and our Airbus use (new) parts of the sim that most other add-ons do not use. That's why it does not surprise us that problems arise with it that do not show with other products. You can however avoid more problems in the future!

Assuming you have mostly modern add-ons that install outside the sim it should not take too long to do a fresh install. 

• Developer
24 minutes ago, Querer said:

Yes, I did it like that when I switched from 4.2 to 4.3, as a complete re-installation takes hours to finish. Might be related to this, but this would be really a show-stopper for this scenery, as I am not really thinking about re-installation of the full P3D just because a single scenery can not cope with this... If this is really the only "solution", I am lost...

You don't need to reinstall the Sim complete, just the Client componet needs to be replace, which should not effect the addons, when you proceed as recommanded by LM.

As there are fixes and improvements with every Version Update of P3D V4, also related to options addons will use, you could not expect from newer addons, that they stay compatible to older outdated Sim Version. That would not make any sense. That will limit Developers and User to use the full range of the Sim they have paid for.

Ok, now I am confused. Mathijs wrote that the problem might be related to the "client only update" I did and you, Oliver, you are telling me now that I do not need to re-install the full P3D but only the client? Or do you mean that I should uninstall and re-install the client a second time?

• Developer

The Client only Update in my knowlage will keep issues with default vehicles or default scenery parts, as the client did not contain this parts. So, if you use default aircrafts, a fix for this is not included in the client only update. Or, when there is a fix for special regions or default airports, this is also not included in the client.

But all Program code runing with the sim, is replace. The scenery related part of the default sim is very static, that I will not expect any issue in CTD's from this side, maybe display issues. The default Aircraft could generate issues with there Cockpit parts, as this is program code, but then the CTD will happen with a specific default Aircraft, not generally.

If the CTD's not gone by update the client, it could be a good Idea to update the content too.

But we talk here about not to update anything, because you don't want to invest hours to rebuild all. This will not help in any case. And it is possible, that you get in trouble (maybe CTD's) when you use a Addon created with the new SDK tools with an older Sim Version. Nobody will test this combination, not LM, not the Addon developers.

I still do not get it. Of curse, I have updated the Client. Otherwise I would not run 4.3 but still 4.2, no? And Mathijs clearly wrote above that updating the Client only could lead to the observed problems. Now you say something different. And no, I do not use default aircrafts. Neither default scenery in this case (Airport by AS, surrounding by FTX Global, FTX Vector and FSGlobal mesh, weather by AS, clouds by REX, ATC by ProATC/X). And I did not observe any other CTD for almost a year now...

• Developer

Sorry, I miss read the first sentence as "you don't want to update from 4.2 to 4.3 ...", my fault.

I don't think in this case the old content is a problem. But to say what it is, is difficult by so many addons involved.

My tip to get it clearer is to make a simple flight with a default aircraft, like the Baron from Duesseldorf to Colone without ATC, only to check, if when you come closer to the Airport and the scenery objects are loaded (the small hang short before the CTD) will not generate the crash itself.

Maybe it is a combination off all, maybe memory load, maybe a timeing issue for one component. Here it is needed to try step by step to get the component generate the issue. As far as you have a easy to reproduce situation, as better you can go towards the point where the issue happens or not. 

Just to clarify... the Client Only update was good up to V4.2.  But moving to V4.3 you need to install all the software. You can do this indvidually or as a single install.  This is also what LM recommended, and we've seen far too many problems with those who only installed the client, and they were each resolved by installing all the software.

Best wishes.

• Developer
56 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Just to clarify... the Client Only update was good up to V4.2.  But moving to V4.3 you need to install all the software. You can do this indvidually or as a single install.  This is also what LM recommended, and we've seen far too many problems with those who only installed the client, and they were each resolved by installing all the software.

Best wishes.

Correct, the best result is to update the complet parts of the sim to the last available versions. That must be the recommanded way.

But the discussion here was, that the update of the content component will generate a lot of work, because there are some addons still dealing with the defaultfiles by rename or replace them. All addon using the add-ons.xml should not be effected by a deinstall and reinstall of any parts of the sim, as long as the user don't delete manual files or directories while the update process.

And in case of CTD's the client componet will be the first to replace, special when the used addon is based on the new SDK. If that don't fix it, the next step could be to bring the content on the same level, even when it only exclude one possible source. In this case here, I whould not expect that it fix the issue, but maybe I am wrong.

As there are no other reports of CTD's in approach to EDDK Pro know yet, we can only help to reduce the situation part of the issue to the minimum, so that the issue can be reproduced as fast as possible, without long flights. Then the next step could be to try the find in the best case one file, that generate the issue. This maybe will point to the source of it, even when it is maybe outside of the sim.

As long as the developer or the supporters don't be able to reproduce the issue, there is not much we can do more then that.

This I understand. Just updated the product and disabled the surroundings. Can do a test flight only tomorrow evening, hopefully it works. If not, I will try the component update as soon as I find some hours time :-)

Ok, now a small update: I deactivated the surrounding in the config menue, looks better to me. I deactivated the passengers inside the terminal, performance killers like that I do not need. Then I updated via the AS Updater and I flew again in to EDDK from EBBR. This time, I could land safely without any issue and with nice performance (about 20FPS in Final). However, I pre-selected Gate C5 to be my destination and arriving there, the jetways of the Terminal C seemed to be off and GSX did put 2 stairs instead. What is NOW wrong with this?

Thanks for any help also regarding this issue...

Regards

Chris

Please login to display this image.

• Developer
15 minutes ago, Mario85 said:

At 14L in the forest there are strange signs in the air. Unfortunately I can not arrange what it can be.

Please check.

This look more like a Texture issue of the autogen trees, which are not coming with the addon. When you set the "Autogen Vegetation density" to "none", the trees and this fragments will be gone.

The Autogen trees and there textures are part of the Sim, if you not use a Tool, which replace the Autogen (Textures).

• Developer

Hi, have you downloaded the latest version of the SODE files for the airport as well?
If not download and install those then run the scenery's configuration tool.

Ah, after the update I need to download them again? Good to know, thanks for the hint. BTW: although this thread does not sound like: your scenery is a masterpiece

Archived