Autopilot disconnects several times

James attwood

14 minutes ago, James attwood said:

While climbing to cruising altitude in the A320, the autopilot disconnects several times and also sometimes the aircraft suddenly goes to the left at slow speed during landing.

Hello James,

We're very sorry that you're still having issues.  What you described is not normal performance of our software, and I've never seen anything even remotely similar nor am I aware of anyone else who has.

I just went through your other posts, and taking everything together, I'm wondering if you don't have a Prepar3d issue.  Since release, we've seen a rather large number of people who either did not update P3D as they should have, or their download or installation resulted in problems when that software was run.  Note that this would not affect other aircraft addons as ours is the only one compiled with the P3DV4.3 compilers, and of course different coders use different MS C++ Redistributables.

Please forgive me for not recalling the past advice we've provided, but I would give strong and serious consideration to completely removing and reinstalling Prepa3d V4.3, and I believe this is the very best place to start in your case.  Lockheed Martin provides a written procedure for doing this in their forums, but suffice it to say to restart after uninstalls and reinstalls of Prepar3d, install any addons you have installed before uninstalling Prepar3d V4.3, and always remove any remaining folders from the base Prepar3d V4.3 folder to this in the ProgramData and Documents folders.

EDIT:

It's also possible that you might be having a computer issue, ranging from Windows, a computer virus (less likely, but possible), or a Hardware issue that ranges from heat to an actual hardware fault.  But of course the easiest place to start is by completely getting rid of and reinstalling P3D.

Also, if you're going to reinstall P3D, please remove any existing copy you might have, re-download it, and run the CheckSum tool recommended by Lockheed Martin after the download.

You might also consider running the Windows File Checker tool (see link below):

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system

Archived