GSX Automatic Door Handling

Joan Alonso

At present when the cargo loaders are in position the cargo doors are automatically opened. However, when they have finished loading the cargo doors remain open until the pushback trigger is activated.

Is it possible for the cargo doors to be closed when the cargo loaders back away from the aircraft? Cursory examination of the XML would suggest not but I'm not overly familiar with XML coding. Not a big deal because the aircraft will be in flying state by the time the aircraft commences it's pushback but if possible it would be nice to have.

5 hours ago, chumley said:

At present when the cargo loaders are in position the cargo doors are automatically opened. However, when they have finished loading the cargo doors remain open until the pushback trigger is activated.

Is it possible for the cargo doors to be closed when the cargo loaders back away from the aircraft? Cursory examination of the XML would suggest not but I'm not overly familiar with XML coding. Not a big deal because the aircraft will be in flying state by the time the aircraft commences it's pushback but if possible it would be nice to have.

Short answer, yes, it's possible. It's what I tried first when writing the code but it gave me problems with GSX triggering. The point is that AFAIK the bus does not have an Lvar to open and another one to close, it just calls a Toggle action. So you have to tell GSX at what percent position is that door for GSX understand if it's opened or closed, and that led GSX to be confused and the code not to be reliable.

So unless AS comes with a better approach I'll leave it as it is now.

14 hours ago, Joan Alonso said:

Short answer, yes, it's possible. It's what I tried first when writing the code but it gave me problems with GSX triggering. The point is that AFAIK the bus does not have an Lvar to open and another one to close, it just calls a Toggle action. So you have to tell GSX at what percent position is that door for GSX understand if it's opened or closed, and that led GSX to be confused and the code not to be reliable.

So unless AS comes with a better approach I'll leave it as it is now.

Thanks. As I alluded to previously, a nice addition. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Is it possible to have the option to disable this feature in the aircraft? For me, it is annoying because the doors of aircraft aren't usually closed immediately after the last passenger has boarded.

• Deputy Sheriffs
15 minutes ago, fsdgfdgfdg said:

+1

il y a une possibilité de désactiver la fermeture automatique? Au moins de la porte 1L j'ai essayé de chercher partout et je n'ai rien trouvé:(

please post in the english fporum in english only

I think I managed to get around the problem by going into roaming / virtuali / airplane / aerosoft A3XX / GSX.cfg I just delete the "90> =" in the line code. And now I can close the door myself.

• 2 weeks later...

My doors don't close until I call the tug. 

When I am ready I call the tug in GSX. I ignore the directional requests and the doors are closedd, the airbridge is retracted and GSX goes away.  I then recall it to start the pushback after the pre-departure checklist is complete.

Archived