EDDK - VDGS distance indicator

woozie77

@Jo Erlend

It appears that the VDGS distance indicator (the bar on the right side) acts a bit strange. When i move my aircraft (from cockpit view) to the point where the bar is full and turns to red, my nose ends up in the terminal building. It seems to be that the VGDS actually takes the center of the airplane as a reference point (at least it looks like that, given how far i need to move for the indicator to show the STOP position). 

I tested this with FSL A319 on a few C and D gates. 

Is this something you are aware about?

Apart from that, this scenery is simply mindblowing, a true masterpiece!

• Developer

Hi, the distance indicator changes based on the angle between the VGDS and the camera position, do you see the same issue with a default aircraft as well?

Only the Delta gates should have the VGDS system, not sure if the C is a typo or if you have some VGDS systems placed by another add-on?

Thanks for your swift reply Jo

Not a typo but possibly a mix up on my side :) I thought i've seen the same issue on a C gate, but if they haven't got an VDGS it was likely another D gate. I haven't added any 3rd party VGDS

I'll test with a default plane tonight and let you know. 

Just to ensure i understand this type of VDGS correctly: The right hand bar is the distance indicator and when approaching the gate it fills up from the bottom and turns from yellow to red once stop position is reached, is this correct?

• Developer

The correct stop distance is when the full bar is yellow, the swap from yellow to red is a bit slow due to the method used to create the VGDS I'll look into if it's possible to make that swap between yellow to red more instant and not as gradual.

• 1 month later...

@Jo Erlend

First let me thank you for giving us the ORBX colour option! Looks perfect now! (Have to say thank you here as my original thread was closed ;) )

I see the same issue as the OP, my docking guidance only shows the stop indication when I'm already dangerously close to the terminal wall, way past the last stop marking on ground. Are you certain that it works fine with all aircraft? I am using Chase Plane, does that create the problem perhaps?

Thanks,

Markus

@Jo Erlend I can confirm this behaviour too.  I did EDDT-EDDK this morning in the FSL A319.  I parked at C20 and I stopped just as the yellow bar filled up and I was much too far forward.  When I told SODE to dock the jetty it could only do it to the aft door as it was impossible for it to dock at the forward door.

Regards..

Archived