Köln/Bonn professional dynamic lighting issue

RoyalToto

• Developer

That FPS drop sounds a bit extreme, can you check if you have the same impact with these effects? They decrease the radius of the dynamic lights. (remember to make a backup of the old .fx files before replacing them)

EDDK - Dynamic lights - radius.7z

Unzip the file and place the two .fx files inside the "...\Cologne-Bonn Professional\Effects" folder.

On some certain graphic cards the Dynamic Lights seem to have a larger impact than on others.
On my personal GTX980 I always have a hugh loss of fps with DL, even it its just a few lights. Others having the same card and settings do not have such a large loss.

Not just at Cologne, but at any airport.

First of all: Great scenery :-)

However I'm also investigating a low FPS issue. I bought a new PC (i7 8086K overclocked to 5 GHz, GTX1070 with factory overclock) which is a really great machine. Most sceneries run with medium to high settings at 85 FPS with one screen and 35 FPS with 3 screens. I'm still working on it, so not the final settings. But EDDK is an exception, with one screen I've noticed intitally around 45 FPS with one screen and 17 FPS with 3 screens. During the night I have 12 FPS with 3 screens (and dynamic lighting).

I tried different settings in the config tool but it doesn't really matter, it only affects the FPS by a few percent. So like 17 FPS with high settings and 19 FPS with low settings. When I turn the shadows off I get around 35 FPS during day (3 screens, high end settings) which is around the same I get with other (large) sceneries with shadows. During the night maybe from 12 FPS to 17 FPS (with/without shadows).

What I can tell is that the GPU is FPS limiting, my CPU has not much to do (GPU at 99%). That's not normal as I discovered with all other sceneries I have that with a 3 screen setup the CPU is the limiting factor.

Any ideas are welcome.

Chris

Thanks Jo,

watching soccer at the moment. Will try latyer.

In SFO, I have a drop during night of 1 to 2 frames. 
Cologne is goeing back by 20 to 30 frames. 
Will report back.
And yes, I use a 1080TI

Edit, cant try this till friday.

Have to work abroad :(

11 hours ago, kikigey89 said:

First of all: Great scenery :-)

However I'm also investigating a low FPS issue. I bought a new PC (i7 8086K overclocked to 5 GHz, GTX1070 with factory overclock) which is a really great machine. Most sceneries run with medium to high settings at 85 FPS with one screen and 35 FPS with 3 screens. I'm still working on it, so not the final settings. But EDDK is an exception, with one screen I've noticed intitally around 45 FPS with one screen and 17 FPS with 3 screens. During the night I have 12 FPS with 3 screens (and dynamic lighting).

I tried different settings in the config tool but it doesn't really matter, it only affects the FPS by a few percent. So like 17 FPS with high settings and 19 FPS with low settings. When I turn the shadows off I get around 35 FPS during day (3 screens, high end settings) which is around the same I get with other (large) sceneries with shadows. During the night maybe from 12 FPS to 17 FPS (with/without shadows).

What I can tell is that the GPU is FPS limiting, my CPU has not much to do (GPU at 99%). That's not normal as I discovered with all other sceneries I have that with a 3 screen setup the CPU is the limiting factor.

Any ideas are welcome.

Chris

What voltage does your 8086K work on on 5 ghz?

• Aerosoft
18 hours ago, kikigey89 said:

Well, are the other sceneries you use also compiled with the latest compilers? That most certainly moved the load from CPU to GPU on my systems. 

vor 8 Stunden , johnny19 sagte:

What voltage does your 8086K work on on 5 ghz?

1.40 V, I had no luck in the lottery.

vor 1 hour , Mathijs Kok sagte:

Well, are the other sceneries you use also compiled with the latest compilers? That most certainly moved the load from CPU to GPU on my systems. 

I assume that, those are other Aerosoft sceneries, FSDT and Flightbeam sceneries. It's weird that EDDK is the only scenery causing this issue.

Okay, I am back.
Thank you for looking into it.
The lower dynamic lighting range file, did not have much effect. 
I tuned a little and limited the frames on 30, that gave me some improvement.

During daylight no issue at all. During night i am around 18 to 20, witch makes it usable. 
What wonders me, is that EDDK is the only scenery having that frame issue. Its bad outside the cockpit and barely well inside. 
I really love the scenery, it can be seen, that someone took all his effort to build many details. 
I hope, that something can be found.

Regards, T.J. 

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

Archived