NavDataPro Charts for Android

Goshob

Hi,

I would like to restart an old subject, which remained without feedback sometimes ago and the topic was closed.

How about the Android version for the charts? It is maybe obvious for many Samsung tablet users that the browser version of the charts is either poorly working or does not work at all. We had discussed here that this and some other features are week points compared to the tools, which Navigraph provide. I personally do evaluate Aerosoft as one of the highest grade professional companies, which presumably supplying competitive services to all Customers. Sorry to say, but statements from the sort that Apple tablets are the only certified devices for aircraft usage have no value. Most of us here are not professional pilots and we would appreciate a bigger variety of hardware.

Thank you in advance!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Are you sure that you entered the correct data:

- email adress as used in your shop account

- serial correct entered; best per copy&paste but make sure that there is no blank at the beginning and/or end

Yes. I am sure. All data entered correctly and get in the site. Whatever I try to open ends up in error message stating that data cannot be opened due to cloud error.

Hi Aerosoft,

I just purchased a Samsung Book and although I can login perfectly, I do have issues regarding viewing the charts, mainly pan & zoom. I can't zoom into a chart using gestures (only via the +/- buttons on top of the charts). When I'm zoomed in via the buttons I can't move/pan the chart. 

Is there a way to fix this? I was on an old iPad before and really use to just zooming and moving the charts via touchscreen... 

I have the latest updates, using Windows 10 and Chrome. 

Best regars,

Stu

vor 1 minute, mopperle sagte:

And does your Samsung have a touchscreen?

Yes, it does. ... 

When I use the detachable keyboard, everything works fine.

Only in touch-mode and when I use the web based chats, I have issues.

When I install the Navdata Pro Application, I can at least pan, but zooming via gestures is still not possible.

well, after some testing I really have to say:

dear aerosoft, PLEASE make a propper android app.

the web version is not really suitable for mobile devices and a little inconvenient.

no gesture-zoom, no charts-fullscreen functionality and panning only works in one axis.

the ipad version works much better, why cant we have an app for android tablet as well?

regards

stu

wow, and when you try to print a chart via an android device, it doesn't print the chart but the current website with half of the chart and half of the interface.. seriously, how hard can it be, this is basically a database, right? your competitor does this way better with a propper and modern mobile interface and full screen options etc.... 

I get the feeling that I'm the only one who is disappointed by this, since no one at AS answered, but I paid for a full year subscription and basically can't use the charts and this old web unmobile unresponsive la euser interface on an android tablet..... unless I buy a new iPhone I guess.... 

it said otherwise in the product description.......

Thanks for the reply Mr. Kok. 

Well, to be honest the passage below suggests that android users don‘t have any disadvantages and can use the charts via web client the same way as iOS users. That‘s what I thought at least :)

The lack of mobile „finger zoom“

and full screen chart display options makes it pretty inconvenient for me though. 

You have to admit that it‘s just way better on an iPad. It‘s just a little sad that there is such a discrepancy with different devices...

Kind Regards

Stu

Please login to display this image.

Thanks Mathijs, understood. But maybe it's going to be possible to make the web version a little more responsive for mobile devices in the future. 

For instance the "+" and "-" buttons for zooming are way to small and when you hit it too fast twice it will register as "website zoom" and zooms the whole thing which is a real p.i.t.a.

I can live with the suboptimal navigaion but the lack of fullscreen and gesture zoom, for me contradicts the whole EFB-concept.

(But since I only need charts for the add ons I own, I might as well print the charts as PDF and set up my own little charts database via i.e. Dropbox etc... )

Thanks anyway, still, I love your LIDO charts. :) 

Best regards

Stu

Hey Stu,

the Problem on the Zoom gestures is just like every mobile OS (even different browser) read these gestures different.

On my iPad Pitch to Zoom works well, on one of my Kindle Tablets it does too, but i have a no name china android test device here where it does not work.

I cant promisse much but i ll check if there are any options to set these different.

Hi Guys,

I opened this topic mainly to start a discussion about the LIDO charts on Android, devices which many of us are using. Unfortunately the official answer is not the best, but honest at least. Appreciated Mr. Mathijs!

It seems the web service is too much browser dependent (sharing of any thoughts would be appreciated) because I am unable to use it at all. I can log in, reach to an airport, but no chart can be opened. An error message concerning cloud connection is displayed and that is all. I am using Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 LTE with Android 4.4.2 on it and would appreciate if someone can comment.

Thank you!

On 5.12.2018 at 09:44, Fabian Boulegue sagte:

Hey Stu,

the Problem on the Zoom gestures is just like every mobile OS (even different browser) read these gestures different.

On my iPad Pitch to Zoom works well, on one of my Kindle Tablets it does too, but i have a no name china android test device here where it does not work.

I cant promisse much but i ll check if there are any options to set these different.

THANKS ! and while you're at it, maybe check if you can do something about the login as well. i can't save the password so the login never remembers me. which means i always have to go into my aerosoft account first to copy the serial/password (haven't found a way to change it into something simpler) and paste it i to the login screen of ndp charts. another big bassle.

and why are my favorites not saved/synced in my account??? when I add a favorite on my pc, it's not there on other devices ...?.. I don't get it, those are all basic functionalities (favorites, password changes, login remember, ...) I would expect from a website/service I pay for in 2018.

please consider to update this whole system in the future, I don't want to use jeppesen charts ever again..... ;)

Sure Fabian,

I use a Galaxy Tab A SM-T580 with Android 8.1.0 and Google Chrome. 

But I also can‘t save the password on my PC (Win10, also Chrome). It just never „asks“ me if I want so save the PW. 

Could this be a Chrome issue then?

BR

Stu

• Deputy Sheriffs

Yes, it is a Chrome "issue". But honestly, I wouldn't call it an "issue".

FLS had proven impressively how easy it is to read all the stored passwords in your Chrome browser. I tested their malware back then an it got all the 3 passwords I had stored for test purpose in my Chrome.

So just a word of advice: never ever store any passwords in Chrome (or any other web browser), regardless how convenient it is.

Thanks for the advise Tom, I neber save any crucial PWs anywhere anyway. 

But what do you suggest then? 

REMEMBER my 40-letter navdata password? ... 

(The iPhone App saves the login perfectly btw)

Archived