AP / FADEC - Too much thrust for a small level change

ozgulkagan

Simulator: P3Dv4

Aircraft: A321 Professional / IAE (Default Lufthansa Livery)

Performance like 30-35 fps.

Reproduction:

- Load: 5.000 kg FUEL ONLY. No passengers, no cargo

- Checklists OFF

- Set MCDU init, flightplan, perf pages normally, using same airport. I used LTBA/LTBA. Takeoff normally.

- After take off, stabilize with autopilot at 2.000 feet, Speed: 220 knots, Flaps: Retracted, Heading: Any heading. None managed. 

- SET altitude to 2.300 feet (Just add 300 feet) and pull the autopilot altitude knob.

RESULT:

FADEC is adding too much power, speed goes up to 250 knots then both altitude and speed normalize and stabilize.

This didn't feel right (to me at least). I'm not a RW pilot of course, but this may need to be checked.

My best

Kagan.

This makes no sense to operate the aircraft in this way for such small changes in altitude.  If I only had to go 300 feet it makes no sense to use open climb or climb for that matter.  Select VS +500.  This is how I do this RW.  Same thing if descending manually on say a NP approach just use VS or FPA for small changes. 

Regards

Thanks for the replies.

I think as a customer, it is my right to inform the developer of issues, and wan't a better / more realistic product.

Maybe it is not correct. But I still don't think the real aircraft would behave like that in the same situation.

I understand it might not be tested. But it is now and it can be fixed maybe.

Anyway. 

Thanks.

Archived