Flight Dynamics (FDE)

kingm56

Does anyone else find the the buses to be a little too 'touchy' on approach/landing?  The slightest input seems to have an exaggerated impact.  To that point, will the FDE be part of the next update?  If not, does someone have FSUPIC profile (i.e. slope adjustment) they're willing to share?  

+1. While I was practicing landing with an empty plane, A321 - IAE, 5K fuel only, after AP disconnect, any slight touch to the stick results in a 2-3 degree nose up/down. 

Maybe I should try to disable FBW and try again. 

I am not a real pilot, I just know how the A320 of a competitor flies, and I know videos like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJrLKLoJG_o

All I can say is that I think, being hand-flown the Aerosoft Airbus does not handle how I would expect it comparing it to these videos or to this other product.

I fly the 320 series IRL, and I find Aerosofts FDE to feel pretty realistic with regards to hand flying. The sidestick is very sensitive, and often times we simply fly with our fingertips using the slightest inputs to make small corrections on final on a smooth day. There how however have been days where it is very windy, and  I have found the limits of the side stick stop in Flare law to keep the wings level. Not a comfortable feeling. When new guys fly the Bus and are constantly making changes to the pitch and roll by moving the stick around too much, we call it "churning butter." It tends to make passengers nauseous!  If you are overcontrolling the aircraft in the sim, release the stick for a second, and you need to focus on small inputs, focus on applying pressure to the joystick rather than movements. Your joystick could also be set at too high of a sensitivity. 

• Aerosoft

We have spend a lot of time getting the hand flying characteristics correct. To be perfectly honest we feel we are better in this aspect then any competition.  Like abright said, reducing the responsiveness of the controller helps. I fly those in very different settings in the bus then in an Boeing or small aircraft. I even make a slightly bigger null zone that helps me from getting into problems.

vor 2 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

We have spend a lot of time getting the hand flying characteristics correct. To be perfectly honest we feel we are better in this aspect then any competition.  Like abright said, reducing the responsiveness of the controller helps. I fly those in very different settings in the bus then in an Boeing or small aircraft. I even make a slightly bigger null zone that helps me from getting into problems.

I noticed a too touchy sensivity of the sidestick, too. @Mathijs what do you think about creating a little tool, that calibrates the joystick of all customers the same way, so you can assure all of your customers have the same, correct or at least a similar feeling controlling your Bus? I would really appreciate that. At the moment, probably every customer has a different joystick setting, that lets every customer feel manual flying different.

Archived