Swapped Monitors - Profiles will not retain new screen resolution.

scottb613

Hi Folks,

Simstarter NG worked great with my old 4:3 monitor - recently replaced with new 6:9 that supports much higher resolution - my existing profiles don't seem to retain the new P3D screen resolution setting and I always have to change it on each subsequent start... I don't see a setting in the Simstarter  interface to change this value - however - I did click on "edit file" for the appropriate profile and it does show the correct resolution there... I also have some strangeness if I change things in the "in game" P3D menu system - such as when I update the screen resolution - many times the texture size trips back to the lowest setting of 512x512 requiring another change...

Help...

Thanks...

20181104-07h54m36_SIMstarterNG_DebugPackage.zip

Regards,

Scott

Hi Folks,

While maybe not the best way - I found a work around...

Start P3D without Simstarter NG - set all the settings the way you want - exit P3D... Go into Simstarter NG - edit profiles - select the "Master Record" profile - select "import settings from p3d.cfg" - save it... Blow away all your old profiles - build new profiles - any new profiles will be built from the new "Master Record" with the correct monitor resolution... Change the settings in your new profiles as desired...

Regards,
Scott

Archived