ND pop up

MiHei

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to recall that prior to the latest update the ND as well as the PFD were capable of 2D pop ups.  the ND in the latest version does not have one.

Regards,

Mike

As far as I know the ND never had a 2D pop up though I so wish they would do this. I find it hard to believe they would develop it for the PFD and not ND. It is very difficult to read the ND, especially for flight planning etc.

• Aerosoft

The ND needs a rewrite to be able to get a good looking 2d from it. In the meantime it is of course not complex to make a new view from the standard P3D view system for it as replacement.

The big advantage is that it will show with the correct colors, shading etc. 

Please login to display this image.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the reply. Can you please explain how to do this? And is a 2D pop up something you are looking at implementing? It would be great appreciated if this could be done,

• Deputy Sheriffs
51 minutes ago, klisura said:

You didn't even start to rewrite it? It should be a SP1 feature, or not?

Mathijs explained a workaround for the current version. The promised features of service pack 1 (as they are given on the Airbus product page) haven't changed.

• Aerosoft
22 hours ago, meccadom said:

I for one would like to have some instruction on how to create this.

Dom

Basically, it is just creating a new Vc only view, then move the viewpoint and zoon until the instrument is filling the window.

It's really all just using the standard functions of the sim. 

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

SP1 is not a fixed 'release'. parts of it are done, other parts not. The rewrite of the ND is not one of the highest priorities.

When you asked priorities to the forum members many of us asked for 2d panel. 

Double cockpit view is an fps killer and doesn't work properly for those using chaseplane...

Anyway take the time you need, we can only wait...

• Aerosoft

2D panels have a seriously low priority for us because we simply find them rather horrible. We made our product fully to be used from the VC, That way all displays are seen at the angle a real pilot would see them, in the light, shadows and colors a pilot would see them. A 2d display is realistic if you accept that laying on the center console on your stomach with your face close to the (256 colors) display is realistic.

This is how a pilot sees the MCDU:

We offer this, reluctantly, because in our opinion it seriously spoils the immersion:

Note how the colors and lighting are not even close to what it should look like. If you find it hard to use the keys in the VC you can always activate the keyboard input or use spacebar+left mouse button+mouse wheel to focus and zoom in to what you want to see. It's amazing how few people actually understand the fantastic view options the sim has.

• Aerosoft
On 12/21/2018 at 11:47 PM, klisura said:

Ok but you are not considering that many people use more monitors where move the 2d displays

That does not make it more realistic in my opinion. We never spend much time on 2s panels. If people want that there are better products that are made for that. It a;; comes at a price so these products tend to be a lot more expensive.

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

That does not make it more realistic in my opinion. We never spend much time on 2s panels. If people want that there are better products that are made for that. It a;; comes at a price so these products tend to be a lot more expensive.

Does it mean you have changed your plan about ND 2d pop up? 

I think you should be clear with your customers. 

I bought your A320 believing in the promised features you wrote. Now are you suggesting me to buy Fslabs?

I'm waiting for SP1 features planned (40 days after 320 release).

If there's a delay (and there's a delay) I'll wait with patience but I hope plannings won't change at this point 

On 12/21/2018 at 8:52 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

2D panels have a seriously low priority for us because we simply find them rather horrible. We made our product fully to be used from the VC

It is disappointing to read that. I am waiting for the 2D-ND too and I hope it will come soon! All the more it was an explicit advertised  feature and I would n't have purchased without 2D-panels.

And the decision for using the 2D-panels on differnt monitors and then have an alegedly "not realistic view" is on my side, I think!

On 12/21/2018 at 8:52 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

That way all displays are seen at the angle a real pilot would see them, in the light, shadows and colors a pilot would see them.

I prefer the view to my Hardware and the much better legibility and handling!

Regards

Günter

• Aerosoft

But we always said we prefer the VC view because we feel that is the most realistic. We simply feel that a 256 color panel without correct coloration, shading, reflection and a viewpoint that is based on a pilot laying on the center console is not the correct way to go for this project. We also feel P3D has ample options to make all the panel views you want (while keeping all correct lighting etc).

There are other products that focus less on how the pilot perceives the aircraft and are more focused on systems. They offer more views but at a different price. We will stick to our idea that focusses on showing the aircraft as well as possible as the pilot sees it. 

Sorry, I dont understand your Arguments. The P3D-Basic function for additional Windows has really nothing to do with your 2D-ND-Panel.

The only 2 Questions are -

- will you do the 2D-ND as promised or not

- in what timeframe will it come

Thank you for clarification.

Regards

Günter 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Dear klisura,

after the ND pop has been promised from the beginning and has been re-confirmed just 5 posts above your removed posts there is no reason in following up in the discussion on why it will not be done. It will be done! 

• Aerosoft

The fact older and cheaper add-ons have something does not mean a lot to me, to be honest. We always made the basic idea of this add-on perfectly clear. We focus on the job of the captain and how he sees the aircraft. That means that things like Connected Flight Deck have a far bigger priority then a 2d panel (again that you can recreate with the default view options of the sim !!. Now clearly you do not believe that is a correct heading. You prefer 2d panels that are basically unrealistic as a pilot will never see a panel like that over the things we feel are more important. That happens. This project is not what you prefer.

If you prefer Blackbox or Wilco, great, these products are all for sale and as long as you are happy who am I to complain. But if you keep beating a dead horse do not complain we hide your posts. If that hiding causes you not to want to post here, fine. your choice. But I ask you to simply read the dozens of posts about this and tell me where we promised something you believe you are entitled to. 

Archived