The Brussels airport FSX AFCAD problem.Solved or not?

piliwi

Sorry i start a new topic about this,but i am a bit confused with all these FS9 and FSX comments melanged.

So i want to ask : is there already a NEW,corrected AFCAD for the FSX version?If yes,where can i find it?

If no,is aerosoft working on it?

And if not at all : do we have to correct it ourselves?

I love the scenery,but its frustrating the traffic cannot take off :(

Thanks,

Hans

Hi,

Same feeling here.Cornel promised us a new afcad and even a patch for some minor error on shaow or something at papi lights.He said it is uploaded but if that's true where can we find it then?

Please don't leave us hanging dry if you care about your custumors!

Regards...Marc

I totally agree!

I am living very close to the Brussels airport ,and was very excited to see the traffic taking off on the new scenery.I have UT installed and nearly every airline painted,but now i feel frustrated,because its horrible to see all those airplanes sitting the one on the other,and then "plop" away...

And the worsest of all : NO NEWS,NO REACTIONS...

Hi harpsi,

That's not the way to go.It would be like buying a NEW car and when comming home you'd notice the brakes not working and you'd have to repair them yourself.It's not are job to do with a commercial product.

Anyway i would at least like to get some REACTION to our posts.

Regards...Marc

Yeah harpsi, not everyone is a computer wizzkid!

Besides, nothing tells us that this tool will also work with SP2 and DX10 once they succeed in fixing that problem as well, so that we can see our AI traffic in DX10 as well finally, and even quite recent other add-on aircraft that have been put on the market just recently, as they were not fully recreated from scratch especially for FSX, or where made as a legacy model instead of with Gmax.

When I buy products, then I want to learn to fly them, and not wasting valuable time on searching the net in how to fix problems before I could finally fly with them if at all that is.

I'm neither a computer wizzkid, and so I rely on the developers willingness to come up with a free downloadable patch, also for those with boxed versions when we are able to register our product that is because that's something I am for some reason not capable to do so for the Brussels airport at this moment, tho it has installed itself with the key code in the box.

So, I'm sitting with an additional problem in that when a patch would come out, that I will be unable to download it, as I can't register my copy online.

• Aerosoft
If no,is aerosoft working on it?

Hans

Best to give a complete and total answer to a question like this. No.

Brussels is a product we did not create or even managed. It was made entirely independent from Aerosoft (it was sold on simmarket for example in a version we had nothing to do with), we just hold part of the commercial rights. In other words, we sell it.

Of course when issues like this arise we notify the developer and ask him to assist our customers, this is part of the contract. But apart from sending out strong emails, we are limited in this aspect.

It is not something we do a often, but in a case like this it is just more productive to put pressure on the developer directly via their support forums (currently I can not reach them) or by email: support@dreamfactorystudio.eu

Hi

I said "convert it to FSX until you get something better"... If it works to other afcad files, I don´t know why Brussels should be different... It is just a question of .xml language as far as I know, but I don´t know how to do it, because if so, I would have done it. "Of course the new car needs to get the brakes working maybe, but it is better to go by car than to live without it. That´s for sure."

harpsi

Hello!

I am just myself wondering where the uploaded AFX file has gone?? I did upload it for a week ago! for me it solved the problem!

Just wanted to have someone shed some light on this!

Thanks and Regards

Cornel

• Aerosoft
No one to help them ?

Gents I got no idea what fix is available where at this moment, but I written Cornel a message just now and told him to send the patch to me and I wil make sure it gets distributed to our customers. Please understand that we can only handle customers that bought the product with us, if it was bought anywhere else I just can't do a lot.

Hi Mathijs,

I've purchased this product from SimMarket because I get the VAT back from them (I don't live in Europe) and because I thought YOU (I mean Aerosoft) were the publisher and I relly on you for years and years but today I am very disappointed .

You say:

"It was made entirely independent from Aerosoft (it was sold on simmarket for example in a version we had nothing to do with), we just hold part of the commercial rights. In other words, we sell it. "

I am sorry to tell you that at SimMarket AEROSOFT is the PUBLISHER and the SUPPORT link brings to this forum so with all my respect your explanation is not acceptable.

1) Why don't you write a warning saying that this product is independent from Aerosoft in you adverts? Not in Aerosoft web site nor in SimMarket there is such a warning.

2) Now, how could people that bought it from SimMarket get the patch when Aerosoft is supposed to be the publisher??

There is something not fair with this scenery and I am really angry you don't take responsibility for that.

David Roch

If Cornel's afcad is not coming through, there is always the one of piliwi in another thread.

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=14075

He has already made a preliminary one where the AI aircrafts do take off again, and land on both Rwy 25L/25R.

When he will have some more free time, he will try to upgrade it, and test it out.

But you can read more about his new Mega Brussels Airport afcad by clicking the link above, and scroll down a bit.

And oh yes: A download of his preliminary afcas is also available over there.

And don't mind what I wrote over there when I wrongly thought to have found the jackpot. :oops: :wink:

Thanks Bernabie, I appreciate, but I've seen this post already.

I believe that Cornel has to provide his AFCAD file to ALL customers and I say it again, IMO it's Aerosoft responsibility to make sure every user gets this file when available.

Regards,

• Aerosoft
Hi Mathijs,

I've purchased this product from SimMarket because I get the VAT back from them (I don't live in Europe) and because I thought YOU (I mean Aerosoft) were the publisher and I relly on you for years and years but today I am very disappointed .

You say:

"It was made entirely independent from Aerosoft (it was sold on simmarket for example in a version we had nothing to do with), we just hold part of the commercial rights. In other words, we sell it. "

I am sorry to tell you that at SimMarket AEROSOFT is the PUBLISHER and the SUPPORT link brings to this forum so with all my respect your explanation is not acceptable.

1) Why don't you write a warning saying that this product is independent from Aerosoft in you adverts? Not in Aerosoft web site nor in SimMarket there is such a warning.

2) Now, how could people that bought it from SimMarket get the patch when Aerosoft is supposed to be the publisher??

There is something not fair with this scenery and I am really angry you don't take responsibility for that.

David Roch

At THIS moment the product sold on simMarket is our version because simMarket decided they would no longer sell the product directly from Cornel. But many were sold directly by Cornel on simMarket. If you are in doubt which you got, just check the manual, if it has our copyrights we are the publisher of the product you bought and we will support it, if it has not your support has to come from Cornel directly.

We got dozens of products we only hold partial commercial rights for. In many case we won't even know who holds other parts of those rights. Following your logic we would have to put on our PMDG product page that we hold no responsibilities for a direct download of the product from the PMDG site. I do not believe anyone would expect us to so.

Now Cornel sold his product on simMarket, he got all the money, we had NOTHING to do with that sale. Nothing what so ever. Any after service sales has to be done by either Cornel or simMarket. For me that is logical and I don't think any reasoning is possible that makes us responsible for that. I suggest you contact Cornel and ask him to sort it out with you.

Of course for all products we sold we will take full responsibility and will update it the moment we got a patch from Cornel. We got some files at this moment but the documentation with them is not complete so we need to figure out what to do. The Project Manager is doing that right now.

Btw, We also do not charge VAT for customers who don't life in the USA.

So, if you have "nothing to do with", I suggest that YOU write to SimMarket and ask them to remove Aerosoft name, product link and product support from their page and put Cornel's email instead.

You speak about PMDG, they have their own web site!!

There is nothing to compare here

Please Mathjis, don't tease me with your so-called naivety, that's not fair from you

61016406sy9.jpg

The best thing is to wait for Cornel's reply and he surely will attach the new FXS Afcad file.

When it's available we will have much fun with the scenery.

If there won't be any, I will make one myself this weekend and upload it here ate the forum. :wink:

Hello!

Just straighten things out here... the afx file is mailed by me yesterday so it would be any minute now!

Allso if anyone feels confused over the simmarket Brussels released earlier!

It is not that complicated that version is separated from Aerosofts version!

No need to blame Aerosoft they are just selling the boxed version and the download version!

So for support for Brussels purchased at simmarket DFS go to our support site. If you purchased the version from Aerosoft (Aerosoft online or Simmarket) support will be given here, IT was not that hard :)

In some cases there will be people purchased the DFS version and cant get an upgrade for fsx just mail simmarket!

Regards

Cornel

• Aerosoft
So, if you have "nothing to do with", I suggest that YOU write to SimMarket and ask them to remove Aerosoft name, product link and product support from their page and put Cornel's email instead.

You speak about PMDG, they have their own web site!!

There is nothing to compare here

Please Mathjis, don't tease me with your so-called naivety, that's not fair from you

61016406sy9.jpg

David, you missed part of the message I written: "At THIS moment the product sold on simMarket is our version because simMarket decided they would no longer sell the product directly from Cornel."

If the copy you bought was a copy send by us to simMarket we will gladly support it. However as far as I know this was not the case. You bought the version that is now removed from simMarket. We did NOT sell you this copy. If you buy the product at THIS moment from simMarket it will be the one we sell and we would support it.

I just written Cornel (the developer) to confirm this. But many other users here and elsewhere can tell you exactly the same. It's a fact. Not really nice to start calling me naive when I try to explain something, but in this whole story there is no winner. Certainly not the customer who is confused.

Let me try to settle the confusion:

1) Many weeks before Aerosoft bought any rights for Brussels by FS Dream Studios the product was sold by Cornel via simmarket. Aerosoft had NOTHING to do with those sales, we got no idea who bought them, we got not a penny from these sales.

2) A few weeks ago we made a deal with Cornel to sell the boxed version and at the same moment we started to sell the product as a download version.

3) Shortly after, Cornel and simMarket had a commercial disagreement and simMarket decided not to sell the version from Cornel. They replaced it with the version we sold at that moment (like most of our products are sold on simMarket that way). Thius product has out manual, our copyrights on it etc and is easy to recognize due to this. This is the current situation.

The update to 1.01

At our site there is an update with the afcad available in the FAQ / Update section. Customers who bought the product with Aerosoft can access that. People who bought the Aerosoft version at simMarket should be able to find the update there in a few moment, I just heard it was being added.

If you own a version we did not sell (so the version that was sold on simMarket before our version) you can probably best contact simMarket or Cornel. Not sure about that as we simply got nothing to do with that.

• Aerosoft
Hello!

Could not have said it better my self!

Regards

Cornel

So there you got it from the developer directly. I assume this settles the issue David?

Again, if you bought a product we were involved with you can find an update now on our site and on simMarket.com. If you bought the previous version (the one we were NOT involved with) you can contact either Cornel or simMarket and they will make sure you get an update.