Do I really need to use the Airbus Fuel Planner in order to load the airbus?

Nimic

Hi all,

I usually use Simbrief to calculate the flight plan and generate the OFP, with the pax number, the ZFW, Gross Weight, Cost Index and of course the Trip Fuel. So, I was wondering if i can skip the Airbus Fuel Planner. The question is that, when I use the Airbus Fuel Planner in advanced mode, I constantly get different values for ZFW, Fuel, Landing Weight and Gross Weight, even though I set it using the same data from Simbrief, such as alternate distance, pax number, cargo weight, taxi time, flight distance, contingency, etc. I get every time something like 1000 kg more of fuel, compared to Simbrief's output. So I rather prefer to use the data that I get from Simbrief

So, if I don't use the Airbus Fuel Planner, how can I actually load the aircraft? The MCDU 2 seems to work well only if I generate the Load Sheet from the Airbus Fuel Planner and then I load it into the aircraft. I can't manually change the values for ZFW and ZFWCG into the MCDU 2, in order to load the plane, but only the fuel quantity and the pax number. On the contrary, I can insert those values in the INIT section (2nd page) of the MCDU 1. So, how can I load the Airbus if I don't want to use the Airbus Fuel Planner?

Thank you

Nimic,

To answer your question directly, the only software which currently provides some of the values needed is the our Fuel Planner.  That said, please see the post by Bill at the link below.  This should answer all your questions, and you'll find that Bill's method (which I also do) is the best and currently most accurate means to determine the values.  You can then chose to generate a load sheet or enter the values manually into MDCU#3.

Best wishes.

Thank you Dave!

I followed the Bill's method. It's very well explained, and as it's apparently the only way to get Simbrief and the Fuel Planner work together, I will definitely use it.

1 minute ago, Nimic said:

Thank you Dave!

I followed the Bill's method. It's very well explained, and as it's apparently the only way to get Simbrief and the Fuel Planner work together, I will definitely use it.

You are most welcome my friend.

Best wishes for Happy Flights!

Archived