Cold & Dark with batteries showing 0 volts

ZoscheHH

Hi everyone,

I know, that someone in this forum had posted a similar question before, but as far as I have seen, there hasn´t been an useful answer yet, so I´m posting that topic once more and hope that someone who knows the answer will reply to it.

I just downloaded the A320/A321 Professional Package and started Prepar3d V4.3 with it. The cockpit come up cold & dark which I expected. BUT, the batteries voltages show zero, so pressing the Bat1 or Bat2 switch doesn´t give me power (logically).
If this is an intended startup-situation, then how do I get external (ground) power connected to the plane ? Anyone any idea ?

Greetz

Alex

• 2 weeks later...

If I understand your answer I restarted P3D with another aircraft with running engine and rhen switched to A319 not solved.

Can you make a better suggestion in order to solve the problem???

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi @ZoscheHH,

have you set C&D to the default state?

Because normally the plane should load in ready for takeoff.

If the Bats show 0, there seems to be a bigger issue. Have you tried reinstalling?

Please provide a screenshot of the VC to get an idea how the bus is loaded.

And most important, what P3Dv4 are you running?

• 3 months later...

The solution was quite simple, but the cause not obvious to see.

The airbus package only works with the latest version of prepar3d. Since prepar3d doesn´t check for updates at all, you have to have a look at the download page from time to time. After installing the latest version it worked just fine. But be careful with an update to the latest version of the airbus professional package - it´s buggy ! 

The actual download version is: 1.2.3.0, the available update version 1.2.3.2. If you have it updated via the aerosoft updater app and load an airbus scenario, you ´ll notice that there´s an issue with a wav file and due to airbus fonts not being implemented correctly, the altitude and speed band on the PFD show no digits. I tried de-installing and re-installing the whole package, then updating it via the aerosoft updater. Every time you update the airbus version, you´ll run into the same font problem, so I won´t update until they fix the problem.

• Deputy Sheriffs
17 minutes ago, ZoscheHH said:

Every time you update the airbus version, you´ll run into the same font problem, so I won´t update until they fix the problem.

Sorry, but this is simply nonsense. The fonts are installed correctly as long as the PC is being rebooted after the installation. There is only one case one where fonts are not correctly installed: when you use Steam software you have to take care that it does not run in the background and this needs to be checked via the Taskmanager. And this is not an issue of the Airbus, but Windows and/or Steam.

Archived