Price of Begamo Upgrade

keithgiannni

Hi,

At the risk of sounding a cheap skate (!), is not the upgrade price to P3DV4 a little expensive? I have just converted from FSX to P3D V4 and am upgrading all my scenery. What I have found is, in the main, upgrades to P3D V4 are either free or a small charge is made in the region of 5 Euros. As a result I have purchased a great deal of upgrades particularly in the AS store. I understand there are arguments made regarding the technical work that is required. That said, as I continue my upgrades from AS of Mallorca, Gibraltar, Ibiza and Menorca for example, the total amount of those approximates to the cost of Bergamo. I'm not seeking any real answer, just a point of view.

Regards,

Keith

• Deputy Sheriffs

TBH , but IMHO there is no reason for a discount at all: Bergamo Pro is a complete new development done by an other developer.

So you should be gratefull that Aerosoft offers it at all for an upgrade fee when you own the other Bergamo sceneryx. ;)

Indeed there is a big difference between the mentioned sceneries like Gibraltar and the Balearics and this Bergamo scenery. Gibraltar and the Balearics are basically the same sceneries in FSX and P3D v4, just with a few updates to make use of the P3D v4 functions. The New Bergamo scenery on the other hand has nothing to do with the old Bergamo scenery, it's a completely new development. It may be the same airport, but it's not the same scenery.

The fact that Aerosoft is still willing to offer a discount is already a great gesture.

The philosophy of Aerosoft has always been that you don't pay twice for the same files. In the case of Gibraltar and the Balearics this is true, you only pay a small fee for the addition of the sceneries to make use of the P3D v4 functionality. That means a few added and adapted files, for which you pay. Everything that didn't change, you don't pay for either.

At Bergamo, they could rightfully charge you the full price since no files are shared between the old and the new scenery. Everything, every single file, is new. Still they are willing to give a discount. They didn't have to do this, so be grateful for it.

Gentlemen,

Thanks for your comments. With the knowledge now in my possession, I am indeed grateful for the saving! I’ll have to wait a little while to purchase it as FS Labs and PMDG alone have broken the bank not to mention Lockheed Martin itself! I will note this. AS were extremly generous with the discount of for the Airbus for P3D V4 for previous owners. That indeed helped the cash flow!!

Happy landings. 

Keith 

We have asked to make a discount to old costumers of previous LIME, like other are explaining is a full new scenery done from 0 but we are a different developement team so we can't do more. I wish you understand

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived