• Aerosoft

Friends, time for a status update on our Bus projects. 

Let me take you back to when we released our Pro busses (keep in mind that the 'Professional' relates to the fact they are made for P3D that is aimed by Lockheed for professional users and that they allow us to use. The Prepar3D team is seriously cool, if you ever meet any of them, make sure they do not pay for drinks!  The first problem I had was that the dev team was exhausted, had massive amounts of overtime and did not take any vacation for nearly a year. I did know that but underestimated them size of that issue. We really needed to make sure the devs had some time to rest and that slowed things down a lot. Right after that we needed to deliver some professional and educational versions and also provide some partners with the 3d models they could use (really not allowed to say much about that but I am allowed to show what we provided the moment their 'product' is 'launched'). All pretty big deals and very important for the financial side of things.

But when that was done we could go back to sorting out issues on the consumer busses. The biggest issue without a doubt was the vertical profile. We believed we could tweak it  but that was simply not possible. With 20/20 hindsight we might have seen it coming but fact is we did not. So as did several time in this project we decided not to take the easy route but to swallow the work and do it right. Next week we'll deliver the first model and the climb model should be pretty perfect. I mean better than any competitor and not tweaked to suit the tables but to match the exact same performance documented on flights done by our befriended pilots. Of course some users will complain that the aircraft is not flying the manuals but we rather model real aircraft than tables. If you want to get an idea on the amount of attention.... one of our befriended pilots made a descent where he extended and retracted the landings lights three times so we could get a good idea on how much that affects the profile (an amazing amount, you really see the aircraft pitch up when the lights are retracted!). 

At the same time a lot of small issues with the flight routing have been sorted out. Holdings should be pretty solid in the Experimental release next week.  That release will also include support for the popular Remote CDU (https://flightsimapps.com/) btw. We are working with other companies to provide support for their add-ons as well. All remaining issues with LB/KG should be sorted out as well, as well as many other small issue. After the vertical profile parts are delivered we plan a two week 'bug bash' when we focus on the many small issues that people have reported. Many of those are not bugs but things people like to see done different. 

At the same time work on the A330 is progressing well, almost all we do now for the 320 series is fully intended for the A330. It's only a different config file. The parts of the SP1 (like Connected Flight Deck) are also started and we got the first bits we are testing.  CFD is a big deal as we got a few companies who are very interested in using it. Flying an airliners on your own is seriously unrealistic. Did you know 30% of flight training is spend on crew coordination? Way more than on emergencies? An Airbus is flown by a team, flying it with one person is utterly unrealistic and totally illegal. Any pilot will tell you teamwork is what defines flying an airliner.

What I like to know from you is what you feel we should focus on after the bug bash. What are the big things you feel we should focus on?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can only think of one thing (because I know what is happening internally), so the only thing I can think of is an improved Fuel Planner with Takeoff performance incorporated and tied to the performance of all five busses.

Nice post Boss!  Thank you for that!

13 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

What I like to know from you is what you feel we should focus on after the bug bash. What are the big things you feel we should focus on?

2D panels 

• 2D Panels
  • Improved fuel planner (e.g. allow to set weight per passenger to match simbrief)
  • Voice Sets (still not homogeneous) and more sets like in previous Version
  • Up-to-date and improved Manuals 

Thanks for the update.

Well, since the vertical profile is being reworked I believe that it will be the icing o the cake, although essential.

In my opinion there are some things that could be polished, like some sounds, 2D panels or a better fuel planner as other users pointed out. Nice improvements and additions that I'm sure will be considered.

But overall, and given the ease to speak directly to AS team for improvements and the possibilities that the bus offers to customise it I must say it's a top level product right now for considerably less than other top level aircraft for P3D4. 

Two Thank Yous Mr. Kok: First for the update and second, more important IMHO, for having the integrity to admit you were wrong then to go the extra mile to make it right  even if it means a new code base. Not what Jack thinks is correct, but what your RL bus drivers indicate are the correct flight characteristic. I will get input from my son, A Delta pilot.

In my book, as I approach my eighth decade and more than one year enjoying the flight sim hobby, Aerosoft has now reached the top of the heap. My thanks to you and the team for what will now be the best bus available.

My suggestion: A number of us I suspect fly solo and a clean-up of the voice sets would be appreciated, perhaps easily modifiable. A case in point: The seat belt, PED signs are turned off at the Captains direction with the airline I mentioned, not at 10,000 feet, usually 18,000 depending on turbulence for the seat belt.

Jack

PS: If you ever do the 707 (the version from you know who is not close), perhaps I can help as I flew that old bird for a number of years. Again, thank you.

Hi,

2d panels, a realistic tekeoff performance tool, a simpler way to import wind data i.e. similar to ifly 737: there you needn't to create a "WXR file" etc.: their software can import directly the wind data from active sky also if your route (made by simbrief or pfpx) is naturally different from that made by active sky..also descent wind are directly read by AS., a feature (maybe is already implemented, I can't remember) for having a landing distance, during autobrake, according with rwy state (dry, wey, icing i.e. by using weather data taken by active sky to "approximately" define the runway state (wet/dry/contaminated etc.)).

Ciao

Andrea Buono

Moin, the following points would be interesting for me.

- The possibility to switch the animation of the coffee service and the table etc. on and off.
- An optimization of the updater for example so that not all paintings have to be reinstalled.

Otherwise I am actually quite satisfied.

4 hours ago, MikaV said:

Better pushbacking tool. This one is pushing (9m) away too far from stand all airports (commercials).

MikaV,

Thanks for the post. I use GSX and to be honest I've never even looked at our PB tool (though others on our team certainly have).  I'll take a look this morning and see what needs to be added, but in the meantime if you're not interested in GSX (though I think everyone should... it's absolutely incredible and will tremendously add to your immersion), there are a number of P3DV4.3 compatible freeware pushback tools.  One in particular you may wish to consider is"

Read About It and Download From Here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/108175-Groundhandling-V6-zip

In the meantime, I'll take another look at our push back.

Best wishes.

On 10/31/2018 at 2:57 AM, klisura said:

2D panels 

For those of you who asked about 2D panels -- I'm genuinely curious (I'm not trying to bash at all) -- I'm really curious the different ways people fly their sim.  I have not used a 2D panel in YEARS, other than popups (I do use those some).  How do you guys implement/ use 2D panels these days?  Or, is that what you mean -- you want to see more 2D popups?

40 minutes ago, Mace_RB said:

For those of you who asked about 2D panels -- I'm genuinely curious (I'm not trying to bash at all) -- I'm really curious the different ways people fly their sim.  I have not used a 2D panel in YEARS, other than popups (I do use those some).  How do you guys implement/ use 2D panels these days?  Or, is that what you mean -- you want to see more 2D popups?

I've the same question^^

For 2D panels I mean  undockable pfd, nd and ecams to move to separate screen. If you look at my profile pic you unserstand why... 

What I really need now is ND, the other 3 work 

19 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

MikaV,

Thanks for the post. I use GSX and to be honest I've never even looked at our PB tool (though others on our team certainly have).  I'll take a look this morning and see what needs to be added, but in the meantime if you're not interested in GSX (though I think everyone should... it's absolutely incredible and will tremendously add to your immersion), there are a number of P3DV4.3 compatible freeware pushback tools.  One in particular you may wish to consider is"

Read About It and Download From Here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/108175-Groundhandling-V6-zip

In the meantime, I'll take another look at our push back.

Best wishes.

Thank's Dave. I like yours, because there is sounds too, and it belongs busses itself.

14 hours ago, klisura said:

For 2D panels I mean  undockable pfd, nd and ecams to move to separate screen. If you look at my profile pic you unserstand why... 

What I really need now is ND, the other 3 work 

Oh ok.  To me, that isn't a 2D "panel" -- 2D panel would be the entire cockpit panel modelled in 2D only as per FS2004 days -- what you want are more 2D popups out of the VC.  That I do understand and can be nice to have, especially if you have multiple monitors.

Hi Mathjis,

Very interesting question1 :-)

I would like to see even more functionalities in the FMGC, there are both functionalities from the airplane
which are not yet implemented, but also functionalities which could make the flight simmers
life easier, like VATIM/online ATIS when flying online. Another quite cool feature already mentioned above
is a TO performance in print.

Regards

Matts

I hope this post is not considered to be off-topic. To be honest: When all the small and big bugs and requests in the small Bus family are solved/completed, I personally would love to see the A330 released before adding additional features to the small (and big) Airbuses.

32 minutes ago, Airbus Fan said:

I hope this post is not considered to be off-topic. To be honest: When all the small and big bugs and requests in the small Bus family are solved/completed, I personally would love to see the A330 released before adding additional features to the small (and big) Airbuses.

SP1 was first on to do list than A330

On 11/6/2018 at 3:18 PM, ABFan said:

To me the most important thing is a correct and clear manual. I think, many questions in the forum could be answered by manuals! The busses are great, but there are many not answered questions without actuelled manuals.

Totally agree with this sentiment.  So  + 1

Archived