To me the most important thing is a correct and clear manual. I think, many questions in the forum could be answered by manuals! The busses are great, but there are many not answered questions without actualized manuals.

+1

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Deputy Sheriffs

I believe it was posted by Mathijs or one of the devs a while back that because Airbus manuals are copyrighted and Airbus charges more than can be absorbed in the price range of this product that's the reason they're not included. As an example and as you perhaps know, PMDG has a licensing agreement with Boeing that allows PMDG to include facsimile FCOMs, QRHs and FCTMs in their products. This is part (but only a part) of why the PMDG products are more expensive. Just one of a gazillion differences between the manufacturers.

In the thread I noted, it was also stated that Airbus manuals can be found online. Let your conscience be your guide.

Friends,

Please hang in there.  We're doing an incredible amount of work behind the scenes right now and everyone is working at 100%.  We know we owe you an update, and of course you've got the Boss (Mathijs) on your side as always!  We may have missed the update for you last week, and as more work is being done we may well miss an update in the future, but if that happens it's because of the work being done... so in a way, it's good news!

More than anything, thank you so very much to everyone who follow our updates each week... that means the world to us!

Best wishes.

• Aerosoft

Sorry for the silence. It was not because nothing was done. After getting back from the Netherlands (for the Lelystad show and 2 days of visiting old (sim) friends and family) I spend almost all hours on resetting the beta group. 

See in our experience a beta team has a life expectancy of around a year. After that they get tired of doing the same thing over an over again, I don't blame them, I would NEVER volunteer to beta any software. So we replaced most of the testers. At the same time I worked hard on expanding our 'professional advisory' team. With success I think, we have now 12 real bus pilots in the team to advise us. They are NOT the best testers to be honest but they are needed to explain the often weird and conflicting texts of the manuals and even more important to tell us how their day to day work looks like. This is what I wrote them just now: "We agree that a APU Fire Suppression System is very important but as far as we know it have never been used. But on every single flight you get coffee, you use the small printer and your coordinate tasks with you crew.  We don't care about the APU Fire thing, we care about how you spend your time on the flight deck 99 % of the time.  We hope you will guide us towards that."

So because it the reset we had some delay in testing, but in Wednesday we'll release a update in the Experimental channel. It will contain a dump load of small changes, but also support from Remote CDU and the first part of the rewrite of the vertical profile. You will most likely never notice but even the drag of the extended landing lights is modeled in that. It's a major part of what we need for the A330 because the vertical profile is pretty complex there. It's a bigger aircraft with a lot more parameters. In our test the vertical profile we now have beats any in the sim regarding hard data.

Can you please explain, what the "first part of the rewrite of the vertical profile" exactly contains? Will it fix the issues on all busses or only on some variants? And what kind of work is to be expected in the second part? :)

Thanks for the update,.. i can understand how busy you all must be so release it when its ready, would rather have a fully working update then a patch that effected something else .

19 hours ago, Meyerflyer said:

Can you please explain, what the "first part of the rewrite of the vertical profile" exactly contains? Will it fix the issues on all busses or only on some variants? And what kind of work is to be expected in the second part? :)

That is an excellent question!

We are currently testing a re-writes for the CFM and IAE variants, so they have all been changed.

Best wishes my friend.

On 10.11.2018 at 03:36, Herman sagte:

In the thread I noted, it was also stated that Airbus manuals can be found online. Let your conscience be your guide.

That seems OK. But for beginners it is very important to get information about those systems that are simulated! For Example the MCDU-Menu-Page: You can choose FMGC, AIDS, CFDS and ATSU. Meantimes I found, that ATSU works partly, so AOC. It`s a fine thing, but for me not too easy to find out. Further it would be nice to find out, how panels can be lightened at night. Surely easy?! This is what I meant with complete manuals. Thank you! And investigation is fun too!

1 hour ago, ABFan said:

That seems OK. But for beginners it is very important to get information about those systems that are simulated! For Example the MCDU-Menu-Page: You can choose FMGC, AIDS, CFDS and ATSU. Meantimes I found, that ATSU works partly, so AOC. It`s a fine thing, but for me not too easy to find out. Further it would be nice to find out, how panels can be lightened at night. Surely easy?! This is what I meant with complete manuals. Thank you! And investigation is fun too!

Not all of those systems are modeled / fully modeled yet.  For the panel lights, use Shift-L.

Best wishes.

On 10/30/2018 at 9:46 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

What I like to know from you is what you feel we should focus on after the bug bash. What are the big things you feel we should focus on?

First of all, thank you for all the effort. You're doing a great job.

I wish I had the chance to catch some of you guys to buy you a drink of any kind you would like.

Some things I can think of right now is, according to with my own priorities :)

- More comfortable keyboard controls for people without rudder pedals. At least for the tiller. 

Detail: Gradual management of the rudder / tiller with the keyboard. One push of the key = + %20 movement of rudder / tiller etc to that side. Zeroed out with NUM5 for example. (I'm using mouse now).

Should also work sith the "flight controls" checklist item. RUDDERS FULL LEFT / RIGHT / NEUTRAL

- Manual management for checklists (start over a checklist, totally skip a checklist, go back to the previous checklist etc)

- Some sort of malfunction possibility / simulation, for example time (usage) based or totally random. 

- Some sort of landing / total flight evaluation report after flight (penaltizing hard landings, late landings, extreme banks/climb/descent rates etc) as a learning tool.

- Ability to print METAR of destination airport / alternate from printer?

- DME ARCS (That is coming already?)

- HUD (That is coming already?)

Thanks.

vor 17 Stunden , DaveCT2003 sagte:

That is an excellent question!

We are currently testing a re-writes for the CFM and IAE variants, so they have all been changed.

Best wishes my friend.

Thanks. But what will the second part of the work contain. This question hasn't been answered. :)

Not ignoring you guys... everyone is working at 100% capacity right now.  Can't say when the update will be available, but the change log will likely come with it.  That's all I can say at the moment.

Best wishes!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived