Loss of power combination topic

• Aerosoft

We have had reports from 11 people that they had total loss of power (engines, hydraulics and electrics) during flight or taxi. So far we have been unable to understand what is causing this and we have never seen this in any testing. Clearly this is one of these cases where we have to understand what is similar on those systems. We do not believe it is caused by an action of the users. Could people who see this behavior follow this topic and respond?

1) Did you do a clear P3D V4.3 install or the client update? (we know of the users who have this issue used the client update that is not always successful)

2) Did you manage to get the systems back and if so by doing what?

I have seen this 2 weeks ago while on final to EDDM 08L (night-time): engine 1 went down, but before I realized what was going on everything went C&D. Eventually it came back some  (1-2) minutes later, but seconds after we crashed into the highway west of EDDM, so nothing I could do... Since then I did some 20 flights (all short ones) with almost all models with no problem sofar.

And yes, I did a client and content update on 4.3. and I have the current version 1.2.1.3.

Tom

• Aerosoft
2 hours ago, MajorTom said:

And yes, I did a client and content update on 4.3. and I have the current version 1.2.1.3.

We have seen MANY issues using this method of updating (all related to the new parts of P3D v4.3 that most like only our busses use on your system) and do suspect this to be a factor. On my own three systems I noticed on two systems that after the client only update not all files were updated. 

•  
  • 1dot.png.b0ed135e19c33185b048d0c53ca9429
  • abic
  • member_new.png.99b82ab860293ea8af00702fe
  • 12 posts

I tried today to recreate my flight MKJS-TNCM at the point where the A320 had the total loss of power.

I booted the PC up and started P3Dv4.3 as usual by loading the autosaved situation shortly before the power loss (enroute, app. 28000 feet on descent, flightplan powermanaged by AP, ATHR, FD, flight time app. 1:50 h).

Total power loss and all displays dark (as described) after 1 minute, plane goes in powerless descent, exterior view shows turbine blades are only rotating in "idle", no jet sound. pushing buttons and switches no effect, no activation of gear, spoilers, elevators etc., no nav lights or strobes like there is absolutely no electric or hydraulic power. The MDCU 3 is mostly greyed out, no change of state or other action possible. After the plane crashes in the sea and bounces back (2 times) suddenly jet engines start running and the AP Display (FDU?) lights up again, PDF, ND and EICAS displays stay still dark. Throttle input is possible. After app. 30 seconds I stopped the simulation.

I hope this description gives some hint what could be wrong.

Bernd

I post again my comments from Oct. 28, in anticipation there might be a hint for a solution of the problem.

No new events of this kind so far but I have only done a few short flights with A320/321 in the meantime.

The loss of power I had reported in the past happened after a flight time of at least 1 hour and 45 minutes.

Bernd

• 2 weeks later...

I think I'm having the same problem.

The plane shut down twice, using thrustmaster warthog hotas. I noticed that each time my throttle was in idle position, and as soon as I moved it forward the plane shut down.

It's almost as if moving the throttle forward commands the plane to shut down, maybe like a cut off position?

The first time I had the problem, I remember pushing the throttle forward a lot and the plane powered down completely. The second time instead of pushing forward a lot, I pushed it forward a little at a time. The power went off but immediately came back on. The weird thing is that now that the ECAM upper display is flickering on and off and the left MCDU is black. The right one still works.

I used the cockpit preparation checklist with the first officer on. The pushback I did manually with GSX.

This was after pushback, when starting to taxi.

D

The only solution is to uninstall and reinstall P3D using the procedure below.  To my knowledge (several people I helped personally) everyone who has done this per the procedure has had their problem resolved.

PREPARED V4 UNINSTALL & REINSTALL
1. Uninstall the Aerosoft Airbus Pro and all other addons,
2. Reboot,

3. Remove any remaining P3D folders.

4. Remove the two remaining Airbus Folders (where ever you installed it to, default location is the Documents folder. The names of the folders are: Aerosoft and Airbus Professional A318 A319.
5. Uninstall P3DV4 via the Windows Program Manager.
6. Reboot.
7. Disable computer security.

8. Re-download P3DV4.3, run Checksum per LM instructions.

9. Install P3DV4.3, but first ensure your computer security is disabled.

10. Load P3D and load into an airport, then close P3D.

11. Reboot
12. Disable Computer Security

13. Reinstall your addons including the Airbus Pro
14. Update the Airbus via the AS Updater, as well as any other products updates which may be needed.
15. Update AIRACs (if you use updated AIRACs).

16. Delete your P3D Shaders folder (AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d)
17. Reboot, and afterwards ensure your computer security is re-enabled.

Why aren't other aircraft or products effected?  Because at the moment, the only P3DV4.3 aircraft that is compiled with P3Dv4.3 compilers is the Aerosoft Airbus.

Best wishes!

13 hours ago, BuddyDog said:

Step 7???  Why if you are reinstalling in Step 11?

It was a very late night (almost midnight) copy and paste with further editing.  It has been corrected.

Best wishes.

56 minutes ago, alexchard757 said:

Can someone tell me if re-installing the whole of P3D is still the only method of resolving this issue?

Thanks,

Alex

Yes, to the best of our knowledge that is the solution.  It's not our software, it was the install of P3D that causes this issue.  I explained it more above.

Best wishes.

23 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Yes, to the best of our knowledge that is the solution.  It's not our software, it was the install of P3D that causes this issue.  I explained it more above.

Best wishes.

I totally disagree with you. My P3D works absolutely well with PMDG and others add-on.

Only Aerosoft Airbus bundle has this problem.

It is the 4th time that it happens. We need an update.

Thank you

2 hours ago, titithepilot said:

I totally disagree with you. My P3D works absolutely well with PMDG and others add-on.

Only Aerosoft Airbus bundle has this problem.

It is the 4th time that it happens. We need an update.

Thank you

Well, you can disagree if you want, but I explained what you said in your comment in my orignial post above. Also, if you read this thread you'll find those who have followed this advice who were trouble free after doing so.

Since its not our software, no update will solve the issue you're having.

My very best wishes.

On ‎18‎.‎11‎.‎2018 at 21:47, DaveCT2003 sagte:

Well, you can disagree if you want, but I explained what you said in your comment in my orignial post above. Also, if you read this thread you'll find those who have followed this advice who were trouble free after doing so.

My very best wishes.

Dear Dave

If I may share my fix to the issue. I first reinstalled only the Aerosoft 320 Prof without any positive result. I then reconfigured my Hotas x52 and removed all assignments in P3Dv4. I then reinstalled the Aerosft 320 Prof again. I restarted my Computer after the fresh

installation. After that I reassigned everything as I had it set up and since then (20 flights +) I have had no issues. Before I had happend frequently. (5 shutdowns in midflight in 7 flights)

I hope this Information somehow helps. :) I believe it has something to do with Hotas but this is only my personal theory. My last resort would have been a fresh install of everything.

Wishing you a pleasant day.

Regards

Luca

8 hours ago, swisspilotace said:

Dear Dave

If I may share my fix to the issue. I first reinstalled only the Aerosoft 320 Prof without any positive result. I then reconfigured my Hotas x52 and removed all assignments in P3Dv4. I then reinstalled the Aerosft 320 Prof again. I restarted my Computer after the fresh

installation. After that I reassigned everything as I had it set up and since then (20 flights +) I have had no issues. Before I had happend frequently. (5 shutdowns in midflight in 7 flights)

I hope this Information somehow helps. :) I believe it has something to do with Hotas but this is only my personal theory. My last resort would have been a fresh install of everything.

Wishing you a pleasant day.

Regards

Luca

Thanks Luca!  More than anything I'm happy you are up flying... but keep looking out for issues and let us know if you experience any.

Best wishes my friend!

Dear all,

I just wanted to report that I am experiencing exactly the same issues.  I purchased the product last weekend and installed it on a clean version of P3d v4.3.

The only two components that I also have are Fsuipc and Active Sky P3dv4.

Failure (shutdown) ocurred just after reaching cruise, with plenty of fuel. 

I will try removing Fsuipc before proceeding to reinstall in the order described by Dave.  

On 11/18/2018 at 9:47 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

My very best wishes.

Dear all,

Finally I found a solution. You need to go to settings => Realism => Select "Unlimited fuel"

After 2 flight tests it works perfectly.

Kind regards

26 minutes ago, titithepilot said:

Dear all,

Finally I found a solution. You need to go to settings => Realism => Select "Unlimited fuel"

After 2 flight tests it works perfectly.

Kind regards

We will certainly look into this, but I've never ever run with unlimited fuel (not since the setting became available back in the 1990s), so I'm curious but skeptical. 

Have you tried going back to the regular setting and see if the problem returns?  I would be happy to do this, but I've never suffered from this issue.

What I'm thinking is there maybe something in the P3D download, install (more likely) or customized settings that effects this software wise, and maybe going to unlimited fuel resets the logic (state or flag).  Since we are the only developer to use the P3DV4 compilers, that explains why it doesn't affect other aircraft.  Setting unlimited fuel in the sim basically bypasses the fuel logic, which is most likely why it's working for you.

FOR EVERYONE WITH THIS ISSUE:  You might try what titi recommended, and then go back to the regular (not unlimited fuel) setting and see if this resolves this.  I am however skeptical that it resolves the underlying issue.

On 11/23/2018 at 7:13 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

It would help us a LOT is this work around would be confirmed as it would indeed confirm it is fuel related.

Dear all,

After several test, I can describe the problem and how to resolve it.

For me, this problem is clearly linked with the fuel management between P3D and Aerosoft Airbus bundle professional.

What was the problem:

Fuel: 22% remaining just before descent to the destination. Lose the engine 1 then the Engine 2 then total "cold and dark mode". 

The quantity of fuel in P3D has changed from 22% to 0% instantly.  After the crash on the sea, the aircraft bounced and back to 22% of fuel but impossible to do something (No ND etc....)

How to resolve it?

1. Go to setting => Realism => Select unlimited fuel then ok. 

2. Close P3D

3. Launch P3D

4. Go to setting => Realism => Deselect unlimited fuel then ok.

5. Enjoy

After 4 flights of test, it works perfectly. I cannot explain why it works but probably, it restarts a good link between P3D and this add-on (maybe).

Hope it will work for you as well.

Kind regards

Archived