Prepar3D V4.3 Freeze or Not Responding while editing FMC mid-air

Hello!

I had 3 Prepar3D V4.3 crashes with Aerosoft CRJ (v1.2.2), 2 times while editing FMC mid-air and once when I minimised the window.

I was flying from LJLJ (Ljubljana) to EDDM (Munich). The distance was quite short so I selected LJLJ as alternate airport. While flying, the controller on IVAO changed the active runway on EDDM from 26L to 08R. I changed the STAR and the runway in active route and changed the runway and SID for secondary flight plan. In the legs page of secondary route there was extra waypoint I didn't need so I decided to delete that waypoint. I pressed the DELETE button on FMC and pressed the button next to the waypoint and then my Prepar3D froze and didn't respond for several minutes. I had to kill Prepar3D.exe in task manager.

LJLJ-EDDM route:

Runway 30, GIMIX 1Z dep.

GIMIX DCT RASTA DCT REDBU Q112 NAPSA 

SEC. EDDM-LJLJ route:

VAVOR M867 VAROB DCT LUMUS

LUMUS 1R arr., runway 30 ILS

After that flight I made 2 succesful flights. Today I was flying from EDDF-LJLJ. There was horrible weather in LJLJ and my autopilot wasn't able to capture the localiser on ILS 30 so I decided to make a missed approach procedure for ILS30 in LJLJ. I climbed from 4000ft to 6000ft. While I was flying the missed approach procedure I was setting my FMC for another arrival on LJLJ. I was planning to do another approach. For case I won't be able to land in LJLJ I programmed route for alternate LJMB (Maribor) airport. When I pressed the button next to ILS30 for LJLJ, Prepar3D stopped responding and it didn't recover.

EDDF-LJLJ route:

Runway 07C, AKONI 1E dep.

AKONI Z74 HAREM T104 XERUM UM867 BURAM T104 WLD UM867 VAROB DCT LUMUS

LUMUS 1R arr. runway 30ILS

SEC. route LJLJ-EDDM:

VALLU VALLU4C arr.

I had have no errors in Event Viewer for both flights.

PC specs:

i7-7700 (HT enabled, running at 4.2GHz)

DDR4 16GB

KFA2 GTX 1060

Do you know, what is the issue? And just for information, I recently made a complete Prepar3D V4.3 reinstall.

Thank you!

Branimir Filovski

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

Reinstalled the Aerosoft CRJ, updated to v1.2.2 and I was able to do flight EDDF-LJLJ, but I didn't have to edit FMC mid air so I don't know if it's fixed. I will tell you if it is working fine after few more flights.

• Developer

It's most important that I use exactly the same flightplan situation that you use. I'm pretty sure there are still some cases, where flightplan editing can cause a CTD (there's simply too many possible ways of editing to know them all or even cover them all during testing). The more information you can give me, the better. A video of the CTD and the steps before it is of course the most perfect way.

Archived