A318 - CTD

lionwing

I have V1.2.1.3 of the Airbus Professional installed on a Windows 10 machine.

With the last update when I go to load any third part repaints the model can be selected from the Vehicles menu of P3Dv4.  On clicking OK the screen clears (as it normally does) and then crashes to the desktop.

The A319, A320 & A321 both included and third party repaints all load correctly as does the A318 repaints included with the product.

The A318 worked fine with the third party liveries in early versions of the product.

As a further check I downloaded another livery for the A318 (to check I didn't have any corrupt texture files etc) with the same results.

When checking the Windows Event Viewer the following log is generated;

Prepar3D.exe 
   5b2c3263 
   ucrtbase.dll 
   40b70dec 
   c0000409 
   000000000006cea8 
   10d0 
   01d46eb4615313a6 
   D:\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe 
   C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll 
   70d10579-9034-42d2-b44f-2831b7b87395 

Any suggestions as to what I can try next?

That error is related to a Windows system file belonging to Microsoft Visual C++ packages.

Taken from the AVSIM CTD Guide:

1. Run the Microsoft.net Repair Tool – Whenever you get a Microsoft.net error or Microsoft Visual C++ error (faulting module), run the Microsoft.net repair tool.

2. Uninstall FSX SP2 if installed, uninstall it via the Windows Add/Remove program (it will not remove FSX, just SP2). Restart your system. Reinstall FSX SP2. Restart your system.

3. Uninstall FSX Acceleration if installed, do the same procedure as for SP2 except remove Acceleration, Restart, install Acceleration, Restart. These actions will not remove your configuration files like FSX.cfg, scenery.cfg, dll.xml, exe.xml but if you want to be safe, back them up first.

4. If the above does not work, uninstall Microsoft Visual 2005, 2008, 2010, or VS 2013, as appropriate, using your Add/Remove Programs. Go to the website (see section above regarding Microsoft Visuals), download and reinstall.

Best wishes!

I don't doubt your conclusion but if that were the case why would the A319 etc all load without error?

I am also using P3Dv4 so assume the references to FSX in your reply stil apply?

48 minutes ago, lionwing said:

I don't doubt your conclusion but if that were the case why would the A319 etc all load without error?

I am also using P3Dv4 so assume the references to FSX in your reply stil apply?

Dot Net related errors can be tough thing to nail down (See the AVSIM CTD Guide).  Your problem could range from hardware to software, which is to say Windows software to P3D all the way down to our software.  Since others aren't reporting constant errors as you are, then we have to assume it's something on your computer, and the information you reported called out were the .net software, then that's where you need to start.  Unless we see a LOT of people reporting the same error and telling us it's constant, we have to assume the problem is on your system.

Yes, it still applies.

Best wishes.

Good evening.

I have run the Microsoft.net repair tool.  This didn't resolve the problem.

Steps 2 & 3 only apply to a FSX installation as I am running P3Dv4.

With step four...well it seems I have a lot of entries for Microsoft Visual C++.  See attached image.

All further suggestions are welcome.

Please login to display this image.

Thank you for all your help so far.

Kind Regards.

1 hour ago, lionwing said:

Good evening.

I have run the Microsoft.net repair tool.  This didn't resolve the problem.

Steps 2 & 3 only apply to a FSX installation as I am running P3Dv4.

With step four...well it seems I have a lot of entries for Microsoft Visual C++.  See attached image.

All further suggestions are welcome.

Please login to display this image.

Thank you for all your help so far.

Kind Regards.

Yes sir, there are a number of different Dot Net packages and you need them all as you never know which version a software developer will use.

As I mentioned previously, this is a difficult one to track down, but far from impossible.

Please check the other crashes and let me know if the crashes all called out the same error (and list it again please).  Also let me know if it called out a different error.

Good morning.

Sorry for the delay in replying.

The error does seem consistent pointing to urctbase.dll with slight difference in the text.  See below;  (differences in bold).

Prepar3D.exe 
   5b2c3263 
   ucrtbase.dll 
   40b70dec 
   c0000409 
   000000000006cea8 
   ae8 
   01d4734d1f689496 

D:\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe 
   C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll 
   16ee7e4b-62f9-4662-a727-85f76f6b8f6b 

The text above is taken from the "details" tab of the crash.  The text shown below is from the "General" tab;

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.3.29.25520, time stamp: 0x5b2c3263
Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.17134.319, time stamp: 0x40b70dec
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x000000000006cea8
Faulting process id: 0xae8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4734d1f689496
Faulting application path: D:\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll
Report Id: 16ee7e4b-62f9-4662-a727-85f76f6b8f6b
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

To repeat the error only occurs with third party liveries on the A318. 

Kind Regards.

I would unistall and reinstall all of the C++ Redistributables. The error uou are getting is related to those files so its the best place to start. After that, i wpuld uninstall and reinstall the A318/A319 software.

I have removed and reinstalled all C++ redistributables and the product with the same error reported.

Are there any other toolscI can use to understand the problem?

Why would this problem only on third party liveries for the A318?

I'm on the road but ill be back tomorrow and get bzck up with you. What i do recommend is that you put in a formal tech support request as i believe one of our guys recommended above.

Best wishes.

16 hours ago, mopperle said:

Can you give an example with which 3rd party repaint this happens?

It happens with a livery for the VA I fly with for the A318.  I will PM you a link to the file.

I will raise the support ticket shortly.

Regards.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Looking at the content of the files, I would say, they are simply not compatible with P3Dv4 as they are using outdtaed files.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived