A320 Total shutdown in managed flight

abic

Flying in managed flightplan MKJS/TNCM (finally worked it out how to program) after 2/3 of the flight, 40 miles before descent suddenly the captains table opened by itself and a few moments later all displays and functions were getting dark, no recovery possible. I reloaded the scenario by autosave for a few minutes before and it reloaded the scenario working but shortly again everything went dark.

I have experienced this some days ago but then thought it was because I was running out of fuel (but got no warning or indication of no fuel).

Any suggestion?

Thanks,

Bernd

Thank you Herman,

to add to my description: only the battery display in overhead was showing, the 3. MDCU was greyed out for the aircraft state and no input or changes possible, the plane felt like it was "flying" with complete loss of power and electric powers. outside view showed descent without engines running. Practically a total loss of power. Anybody with the same experience?

Thank you, Bernd

This same issue is also being reported by Leonardo Maddog and PMDG customers, and was not seen prior to P3D V4.3.  I'm in the process of writing the LM Program Manager about this.

Also, somewhat related... CTDs from selecting Approaches and Departures on the CDU/MCDU are being reported on many different aircraft products and I'm beginning to wonder/suspect their is an issue with the new Navigraph database format (I'm also planning to speak to Magnus about this).

Archived