Simulator freezes on approach into ENGM

Oskar_p3d

• Deputy Sheriffs

And you have the latest version of Oslo installed which is 1.13?

SODE with its latest version installed?

How does the Configurator for ENGM look like (Screenshot)

Do you have any Orbx products installed?

Post a screenshot of your scenery library.

Does P3D chrash with an error mesage?

The latest version of Oslo is installed.

SODE with it's latest version.

Orbx products installed: FTX Global

Prepar3D crashes with no message, only a Windows message saying "Prepar3D has stopped working"

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

Issue may also be related to AI. Don't know if you are using AI? When you reach the airport also AI models are loaded and when there is a faulty one (model/texture) it may cause the sim to freeze. It can be a plane that is most of the time at Oslo so you won't notice it when you are at another airport.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Some additional comments to your scenery library:

1. You shoukld not install under c:\Program Files (x86); For all P3DV4 addons supporting the new add-on.xml method you shoulf create a specific folder where all these addons can be install like c:\p3d-addon

2. All Orbx products need to be below any other 3rd party addon, in your case Justsim EDDH

3. check the FSDreanteam Exclude folders for any entries for ENGM

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 1 hour , Oskar_p3d sagte:

I use TomatoShade but I don't know if that has anything with the problems to do.

Seeing how many problems are caused by all these different shader tweaks I strongly recommend not to use them.

vor 1 hour , Oskar_p3d sagte:

Where can I find the Exclude folders?

Take the path you see in your scenery library

the "000_ENGM.." is an XML file and not inside the scenery folder - it should not bei regognized by the FS.

look for some ENGM file into the scenery folder and "disable" that

this content of your scenery\world folder looks quite strange to me. In my installation this folder nearly only includes elevation correction files and some very basic (globe) scenery definitions but no ground polys (as it looks like in your one)

did you ever install some "airports of norway" package - maybe it comes from there as that engm_ground is neither from the aerososft nor any ORBX pack

On 10/27/2018 at 6:43 PM, Oskar_p3d said:

Hey, I have a problem where my sim freezes when I'm getting close to Oslo Gardermoen mega airport.I run with admin rights and I've tried to reinstall a few times now.

Yes, Airports of Norway is installed, can it be that which freezes the simulator?

Archived