Transparent jetway when looked through cockpit.

MikeHotelBravo

I hope this is the right section for this. 

How can I fix this problem when I look through the cockpit window and see the jetway like this? 

Check the jetway from the behind window (Left). 

Please login to display this image.

I might be wrong, be great if I am because it annoys me too, but I've had this with every aircraft on every version of fs with or without gsx, sode or add ons and I think it's just the way the views are in the sim and that's that. 

3 hours ago, petetech said:

I might be wrong, be great if I am because it annoys me too, but I've had this with every aircraft on every version of fs with or without gsx, sode or add ons and I think it's just the way the views are in the sim and that's that. 

Is that so, but when it's viewed through the PMDG 777, the jetway is visible (I saw it in a post on the internet). I don't know how though. Btw, I dont have GSX V2 used here nor in the sim. 

I think this is related to how P3D calculates clip planes.  See http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv4/sdk/cameras/camera_configuration.html

This setting is used to control how the clip planes are computed. Clip planes are used to set the minimum and maximum distances for rendering in a 3D graphics program. The relative location of these planes determines how precise the graphics engine can maintain the Z-order of objects. A discussion of clip plane management is beyond the scope of this document. However, the concept is relevant to the camera system because it determines whether the camera favors near or far objects in the view:
• Normal – The near clip plane is scaled along with the zoom level. Useful for most views.
• Minimum – Clamps the near clip plane at its absolute minimum value (1 meter). Useful for cameras where the camera is placed close to object geometry (e.g., aircraft cameras).
• Spot – Favors distant objects by scaling the near clip plane with altitude and distance. Useful when the camera is positioned a reasonable distance away from the target object (e.g., spot view).
• Tower – Favors near objects by scaling the near clip plane by one-half the zoom level and clamping the far plane based on visibility settings with an absolute limit of 20km. Useful when objects at the limits of visibility aren't important.

I've heard of people changing the clipmode to minimum with varying success.  It fixes the jetway problem but introduces flickering of distant objects.

Dave.

On 10/27/2018 at 1:43 PM, Haleef I said:

Is that so, but when it's viewed through the PMDG 777, the jetway is visible (I saw it in a post on the internet). I don't know how though. Btw, I dont have GSX V2 used here nor in the sim. 

I think that's because the 777 is a huge flight deck in comparison with A320 so the eyepoint in the sim is relatively far away so it's not clipped as described above

41 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

It's an effect caused by the changes in P3D V4.3. Speeds things up but has these side effects. 

The Boss is absolutely correct about this... happens with all the other payware aircraft I have as well.  I'm hoping for a change in the next version of P3D, however given the amount of work such a change would require I'm not hopeful.  I haven't read it in a while, but there was a great explanation over in the Lockheed Martin forums (in addition to the link provided above).

Best wishes!

Archived