Issue when loading the plane in Cold & Dark mode.

pierre fsx

When I load the Twin Otter (v1.21) in P3D 4.3, even if I have the load cold and dark option check, the plane load with full throttle for e few second and then it goes in cold and dark. So during that short period of time, the plane will move forward for about 50 to 75 feet's, even if I have the brakes on. In small airport the plane will go off the parking pavement and stop in the grass, very annoying. I need to reposition the plane using the slew mode. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks

I think that Pierre is correct - on FSX too she 'spawns' with all systems go and quickly shuts down to cold and dark.  I was of the view that the brakes were effective but perhaps I am wrong.  

Actually I created a scenario were I am park with the plan in cold & dark. When I load the scenario the plane load with full throttle for a few seconds and then goes in cold & dark. It looks like the plane goes through an initiation of all systems first, and then goes in the required mode.

thanks

I will do the same thing on my side, I will re-install the aircraft and see if it solves the problem. On other think, I have a multi-screen setup and I load P3D and Active Sky on the same PC. When I use any option in Active Sky, so activate a second application on a screen not use by the simulator, I loss the engine sound, P3d keeps working, it doesn't pause and all the other sound works. Any ideals what could cause this.  

I just re-installed the plane and I am getting the same behavior. So you must have a different setting then me. I have include a picture where you can see that all system are on, it does that at startup, then it goes in cold and dark.

Very strange

Please login to display this image.

I can, if i recall this is the default for fsx? I run P3D and i always load with the default jet plane (default scenery) .So do you want me to still try the Trike?

Thank for your help

I did more test this morning, at first I thought it was my hardware, I use a Cirrus II from PFC. It seem that when I load the aircraft if my Cirrus is on, it initialize all system like the picture show's and if my throttle is not in idle it will read it as full throttle and the plane will move forward before it goes cold & dark. If my Cirrus is off,the plane still initialized all system both the throttle seems to be in idle and the plane doesn't move and goes cold & dark.

When you load the plane in cold & dark, does it first initialized all system?

Thanks

Pierre

I guess we can close this. I have now find a way to load the plane without having the aircraft to move. I also solved my sound issues. I hope Aerosoft decide to make a Professional version of the Twin Otter, fantastic aircraft.

Thanks

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived