A320 CFM vs IAE climb performance

Jespersson

Hi!

I have recognised quite significant differences in the take-off and climb performance of the different engine options for the A320. So far I have not flown both engine versions of the A319 or 321 so I can't say for sure that the same applies to them. But I did some testing and got these results. I know that the engines are slightly weaker on the IAE but the climb rate and take-off distance is quite significantly different. Of course I don't know all the facts of the buses but the IAE seems to climb like an A340-300 at times (which we all know is not a good thing ;)) so I'd love some input on this from someone who really know how the buses are supposed to behave. For testing purposes I used clear weather and no winds. 

Let me know if you need any additional info. 

Kind regards

Jesper 

Version 1.2.1.3

Aircraft - A320 CFM
Flaps - 1
TOW - 60 400kg
Flex temp - 63
QNH - 1013
Outside temp - 14c
Airport & Rwy - ESGG 03

Distance to Vr - 1440m
Time to Vr - 26 seconds
Climbout rate - 4000ft/min
Time to CL-power (1500ft agl) - 1 min 2 seconds

V1 - 132
Vr - 139
V2 - 140

Aircraft - A320 IAE
Flaps - 1
TOW - 60 400kg
Flex temp - 63
QNH - 1013
Outside temp - 14
Airport & Rwy - ESGG 03

Distance to Vr - 1830m
Time to Vr - 42 seconds
Climbout rate - 1500ft/min
Time to CL-power (1500ft agl) - 1 min 42 seconds

V1 - 132
Vr - 139  
V2 - 140

Hello,

you may have a look on this thread. Did you modify the Flex temp for takeoff or did you leave it? If you took another flex temp setting, please try not changing it and post your results here. That would be an interesting information.

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/140250-takeoff-thrust-with-higher-flex-temp-is-lower-than-climb-thrust/

3 minutes ago, Meyerflyer said:

Hello,

you may have a look on this thread. Did you modify the Flex temp for takeoff or did you leave it? If you took another flex temp setting, please try not changing it and post your results here. That would be an interesting information.

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/140250-takeoff-thrust-with-higher-flex-temp-is-lower-than-climb-thrust/

No, It's the temperature calculated by the aircraft which should give a correct result. 

Archived