CTD when entering American ICAO Codes

Just purchased the aircraft yesterday (really fun) and my first couple of flights have been really fun (Around Australia & Europe) however whenever I have tried to enter a American ICAO code in the "ACT FPLN" page, my simulator (P3D v4.3) freezes then crashes to desktop after about 5 seconds. I am using CRJ 1.2.2.0 with Navigraph FMS Data 1811 rev2. I have tried KSAN, KLAX, KSEA, KJFK with all of them crashing the simulator. Ones that do work (I have not tried many as I would rather just fly the plane) LFPG, YBCG, YBBN & EGLL.

• Developer

That's something new. Can you tell me which regional settings you use on your PC? Especially the number format. Does it use a decimal point or a decimal comma or something else? Please also post your Windows  version and which simulator you use.

One more thing: Navigraph updated the 1811 download 2 days ago, so I need to know if you downloaded before or after that.

I have the same issue with rev2 of 1811. Rolling back to 1811 rev1 fixes the issue. 

Windows 10 1809

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

My settings are pretty similar to "Jude's" as I am from Australia (Which is essentially the UK🙄). I am on windows 1803 & Prepar3D V4.3 (Was a complete reinstall going from the previous version). I will try uninstalling the FMS data to try and use the ~1710 included. I sadly cannot roll back to an older version of the airac from Navigraph as I only purchased it too days ago. Will report back once I have tried the old airac.

Hello!

I can replicate the same issue with 1811 Rev. 2. Same Windows settings as OP. Entering any ICAO into the FPLN page causes a 5 second hang and then immediate CTD

This was repeated at LJLJ 3 times on the CRJ-900 v 1.2.2.1

Reverting to any AIRAC prior to 1811 Rev. 2 does not result in said CTD

• Developer

I tried myself and sent my computer pretty much around the globe (regional settings for AU, UK, US, DE). I also reverted my CRJ version back to the latest experimental update (1.2.2.1). But no luck. I didn't get a single CTD, no matter where I placed the aircraft or which airports I entered in which order (I tried all the ones you guys mentioned plus a few more).

EDIT: Richard from Navigraph confirms my findings. He doesn't get any crashes at all. But we both keep trying to figure out what happens.

I started another thread, possibly about this same issue.

When I'm on the route page, setting up the aircraft, and I try to enter a US airport, P3d will freeze a few seconds, then crash. 

I did install the updated airac from Navigraph. I unfortunately don't have a backup pre-update, so I can't revert. Guess I'll have to wait until it's sorted.

• Developer

Reverting to 1811v1 or another older data set should sort the issue for now. I just watched the video and try to do the same now. Let's see what happens.

EDIT: YBCG to KSAN does it. CTD right away. I'll do the same again now with the debugger and keep you updated.

• Developer

OK. I did some tests. There's two good news. First, the problem doesn't exist anymore with the current beta version of the next update. Second, there are no open issues with that beta version, so I will release it as an experimental version tomorrow. That should solve the problem for everyone.

Archived