HelgolandX, Pier 39 and Acceleration

Airtrooper

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting HelgolandX and Pier 39 to appear in FSX. I'm sure its a simple issue and probably an oversight on my behalf, but it would be great if you could point me in the right direction.

I recently bought FSX Acceleration. Before installing it I uninstalled and reinstalled FSX Deluxe. Only then did I install Acceleration on top.

Once I'd checked that everything was functioning I started to reinstall my addons, including HelgolandX and BeaverX. These went okay, with no errors.

However, on starting FSX again I get these errors:

helgolandxproblemzj6.jpg

pier39problemoh4.jpg

In the case of HelgolandX the scenery directory cannot be found in areas 143 to 150.

Inside FSX Helgoland doesn't appear as an airfield (I haven't looked for Pier 39, but I bet its not there).

Any suggestions?

• Aerosoft
Hi,

I'm having trouble getting HelgolandX and Pier 39 to appear in FSX. I'm sure its a simple issue and probably an oversight on my behalf, but it would be great if you could point me in the right direction.

I recently bought FSX Acceleration. Before installing it I uninstalled and reinstalled FSX Deluxe. Only then did I install Acceleration on top.

Once I'd checked that everything was functioning I started to reinstall my addons, including HelgolandX and BeaverX. These went okay, with no errors.

However, on starting FSX again I get these errors:

helgolandxproblemzj6.jpg

pier39problemoh4.jpg

In the case of HelgolandX the scenery directory cannot be found in areas 143 to 150.

Inside FSX Helgoland doesn't appear as an airfield (I haven't looked for Pier 39, but I bet its not there).

Any suggestions?

Pretty sure the scenery.cfg was not removed when you de-installed FSX. And it is now looking for folders that are not there anymore. I suggest you use the build in scenery manager and remove all scenery called from incorrect folders.

• Aerosoft
Is it also safe to move the scenery.cfg away to another folder where FSX won't find it and then let FSX build a new scenery.cfg from scratch (like you can with fsx.cfg)??

I don't think it does rebuild it. Also keep in mind that you will find more than one scenery.cfg on your disk with FSX (if somebody would ever explain why that is needed....)

Okay, I unselected AND removed all the Scenery in the Scenery menu of FSX.

When I restarted FSX I no longer got the messages I posted above.

I then stut down FSX and re-installed HelgolandX. However, this was VERY fast indeed (blink of an eye)... too fast I thought.

When I re-started FSX I got the same messages again, yet Helgoland SAR is not in the airports list... which makes me think it wasn't installed at all. It seems like the installer is only updating the scenery.cfg file and not actually installing the scenery where it should be.

In fact, HelgolandX and the manual didn't even appear in the Start menu.

A similar thing happens when I uninstall and re-install BeaverX. Pier 39 isn't found. Also, the Beaver is in the Airplanes sub-folder, but they don't appear in the selection menu at all (only the default Beaver appears). When I uninstall and reinstall is also goes WAY too fast and it seems like it is only updating *.cfg files without actually putting everything in place. The only difference is that BeaverX does appear in the Start menu (including the Manuals).

I've tried deleting the Scenery, any Aerosoft things in the Start menu and deleting the BeaverX folders inside SimObjects/Airplanes/. However, it seems that nothing properly un-installs everything, so the installer is tricked into thinking everything is already in place and only the *.cfg files need to be updated.

Please help!! How can I reliably uninstall everything and start again afresh?? Do you have an un-installer for your products??

Many thanks in advance

Andy :(

Maybe you can use the Windows configuration section, and then go to Add/Remove software.

Then, when listed there, you can uninstall a software safely from there, and it in the case of Aerosoft will use it's own uninstaller.

At least I think so because it's the same window screen you get when installing the product.

Hopes this helps a bit.

YES!! :D

That was IT, I should have used Window's own Add/Remove Software facility. This initiated the Aerosoft Installers to properly Un-install, instead of me trying to delete things here and there. :oops: Once I'd done this I was able to install everything again (which took a few tens of seconds each, rather than the blink of an eye) and it all appeared in FSX with no error messages at all. Phew, what a relief! :D

Many thanks for all your help. Hopefully this silly error will be of help to others in the future.

Just to prove everything is working OK in FSX Acceleration, here is the default Danish SAR Merlin aboard the German frigate in HelgolandX.

One of the big advantages of FSX Acceleration is that the ships now move smoothly and don't "shunt" (suddenly slow down, speed up and change heading). This makes them much easier to formate with and land aboard. Life is good again! :D

danishmerlinaboardhelgoip6.jpg