Navdatapro:download very slow for the charts.

mtlt

Hello

has somebody the same problem than me : since some days it'is very difficult to download the charts with navdatapro. I have seen there is a problem for dowloading on the website Aerosoft. Is it the same problem ?

Thank for a reply.

Michel

• Deputy Sheriffs

No, that's not related. Product downloads are getting served from with the Amazon AWS Cloud with breakouts all over the world.

The problem mentioned in the message on top of this forum page relates to downloads from the download area of the forum (e.g. liveries) only.

If you face slow product downloads there must be some sort of blockage between you and the Amazon servers. This can be for example a bad configuration of your internet service provider.

Hello HANS.....TOM 😀

seriously i had no problem before a few days. My internet service provider has not change. 10 mn ago i tried to download a chart and the downloading stop about few minutes!!!.

Michel.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I face no such problems at all. 

I believe you that you haven't changed your ISP, but you can't know if your IPS might have changed any components or just misconfigured them. I have seen cases of faulty product downloads which suddenly worked again after the customers called their ISP and complained about problems with downloads from Amazon servers. In all cases the ISP had done some crappy configuration in their routers.

I desinstall and reinstall Navdata pro. I have gone on my account and i have download that program 1 year with 4 data set and the chart for one year.

I shall see if the problem is solved.

Michel.

Hello TOM,

i downloaded and reinstalled Navdatapro data and charts. The problem is the same.

My ISP has not change and the internet speed is so good for me( 2 mega bit.) On your server no problem when i downloaded the programs.

I call my ISP to morrow.

Thanks, Michel.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Again, the problem is somewhere between your PC and the AWS. It is not necessarily your ISP, be´ut sometimes there are problems with DNS servers in between.

I experienced something similar this year when downloading Orbx products. For about a week I and few others couldn't download anything. Problem was a node near Frankfurt.

Anyway, nothing Aerosoft or who ever can solve.

BTW. Just checked it: downloading all AIRACS took me 10 sec.; opening charts in the desktop client or web client, as fast as can be.

Therefore I will close this topic.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived