Strange behaviour on ground

Querer

Dear all, yesterday I did a flight from EBBR to LSZH with the CFM variant of the A319 (SWISS livery) and while there was nothing obviously wrong on EBBR, the plane suddenly started to accelerate itself after touchdown in LSZH. Several times in a row. It seems that the newest update (I use the experimental ones via updater) did not entirely fix this issue, sadly.

Small advice: instead of closing a thread as fast as possible, I would wait some days after the update. If it is not really fixed, as in this case now, one can use the "old" thread to further discuss the issue. No need in closing threads in such a high pace, no?

Easy, it was just an hint, as at least two threads were closed with the comment that update 1.2.1.3 does solve the issue, but it obviously did not...

• Deputy Sheriffs

Did several flights in the last 2 days and didnt notice anything like that. If you can recreate this issue a video could be helpfull or at least screenshots showing what you see on the FCU, PFD, ND and also the position of the thrust levers.

I have the exact same issue when taxying at any airport, with all versions (319, 320, 321)

N1 at app 31 %, ground speed at about 6 kn.

Sudden instantaneous acceleration to about 50 knots. 

Nope, no tweaks that I am aware of and certainly nothing that was not already there before, when the Busses worked flawlessly. The strange thing in my case was that the problem did not occur while taxiing on my departure airport, only after arrival.

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 9 Stunden , Querer sagte:

Nope, no tweaks that I am aware of and certainly nothing that was not already there before, when the Busses worked flawlessly. The strange thing in my case was that the problem did not occur while taxiing on my departure airport, only after arrival.

1. Does this happen after  every landing on any kind of airport, default or addon?

2. Is  there a certain time when it happens, e.g. after 15 sec. of taxiing?

Reason why I'm asking:
Last night I made 2 flights with the 319CFM, to EHAM (default) and LEMD (Pro version), in both cases with loonnngg taxiing of around 3-4 minutes and I didn#t see such an issue

Honestly, I might be chasing a ghost here. I did another flight from LSZH to EBBR yesterday evening and I was not able to re-create the issue. However, when keeping the power above 30% N1, the A319 CFM is constantly accelerating. I had to take the power down to below 25%, almost idle, for reasonable taxiing. But at least I did not see those sudden huge acceleration jumps I had the last time. I keep an eye on this, maybe I can capture the moment in a screenshot the next time it happens.

• Aerosoft

Well if the aircraft is not very heavy that is perfectly normal. After landing idle power is almost always enough to keep the aircraft rolling. Keep in mind that a jet engine that is on ALWAYS produces thrust. A 318 that is empty will easily roll on idle. Almost all medium jetliners do in fact.

Yes, I am aware that this is kind of normal, but certainly not what I observed this one time. I was really taxiing with mabye a little bit to much of power, around 15-20kts, applying brakes from time to time. But about every 10-20 seconds, the plane accelerated like hell (without engine spooling up) to about 40-50kts in one, two seconds, the MFD showed the yellow acceleration arrow going all the way up to the top of the scale. Only applying full brakes prevented the bus from shooting off the taxiway. Then the acceleration arrow indicator was back to normal for another 10-20 seconds when all started over again. This behaviour was not visible on my flight yesterday...

• Aerosoft

And you are 100% sure this is not caused by wind? The speed indication is not ground speed but air speed after all. If I set gusting winds in the sim I see the same.

Unfortunately there are a lot of weather add-ons that create rather unrealistic winds and our aircraft is more susceptible to that then others.

Hi Folks

Just to let you know, I solved my issue by doing what I should have done in the first place.

I reread and followed the instructional PDF on throttles. Problem seemed cured last fight;

• Herman locked this topic
  • Herman unlocked this topic

It will take me some days to see if I can still somehow reproduce this behaviour (even if it is only mishandling of the plane as the finding from sevenflyer suggests). Not that much time for flying those days, might be possible this evening.

Ok, I think, now the thread can really be closed. I was not able to reproduce the issue in any way and it might be that it was a mishandling of the bus (comparable to what sevenflyer observed). Sorry for the delay and thanks for the help, nevertheless.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived