FMS Won't Accept FPLN Inputs

Hello,

Upon loading the CRJ in FSX: SE on the ground, I will set the aircraft state to "Cold & Dark" and follow the checklist on the DAVE system. Upon FMS initialization I will open the "status" page and see the following:

a9bf8fb97d.jpg

The page will load with a bunch of confusing Japanese text (I should note here I update my FMS data with Navigraph) even though nothing on my computer has anything to do with Japanese text

I will then subsequently load my "POS INIT" data like normal and as displayed below (I loaded FSX on the ground at MSP airport)

f6614e8e50.jpg

However, the real problem arises on the "FPLN" page. When I attempt to enter my departure airport (in this case KMSP), the FMS will, for a very brief moment, accept the input like normal and "KMSP" will display along with "EXEC" in the corner. Then after less than one second, the data will disappear and the "KMSP" and "EXEC" will no longer be there. It is worth noting however the page does change to "MOD FPLN" and the option to "CANCEL MOD" becomes available just like the image below 

5d9102e54c.jpg

I will also note that my IRS were both on and aligned, the ground power was in use, I had not moved from the original position I loaded the simulation from, I had installed the most recent AIRAC from Navigraph, and the FMS would not accept ANY inputs for any fields on the FPLN page. What I did notice was that after taking off without the FMS programmed, It did accept my inputs but only mid-air. This issue occurs with each variant of the CRJ and after multiple restarts of the sim and loading multiple aircraft states

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I am using the most recent version of the CRJ: 1.2.2.0

• Developer

The most recent version is 1.2.2.1, but that's an experimental one and only fixes a pressurization issue.

This problem has been posted before and customers agreed that loading another aircraft (for example Cessna 172) solved it for them. The chinese characters are most likely a not properly terminated line in the nav database file. Can you tell me, if you use Navigraph or NavDataPro?

On 10/22/2018 at 2:01 AM, Hans Hartmann said:

The most recent version is 1.2.2.1, but that's an experimental one and only fixes a pressurization issue.

This problem has been posted before and customers agreed that loading another aircraft (for example Cessna 172) solved it for them. The chinese characters are most likely a not properly terminated line in the nav database file. Can you tell me, if you use Navigraph or NavDataPro?

Thank you for answering. Loading the default Cessna did, in fact, allow me to use the FMS once again! However, the Chinese characters are still there. As previously mentioned, I use Navigraph to update my nav database

Archived