Strange Managed Speed problem

Bernd E.

sorry mathijs

but I also have the speed problem and during climbing, and like today at descent.

he will then shake and suddenly he will climb again.

and is not controllable. and that is very annoying when you are in the ATC in the descent after a rather long flight.

I put the airbus in the refrigerator until the problem is solved.

I also installed the latest version.

greetz

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adding myself to list of affected users:

A319 CFM flight from VCBI to VIDP and before from WIII to VCBI. 

Load per loadsheet (fiuelplanner). Flightplan from simbrief exported and importet (aerosoft airbus). 

Secondary flight plan inserted (VOTR).

No disco's. All looks healthy. MCDU on both side shows a managed speed of 340/.79. But in managed speed magenta sets itself to 124knots (below alpha frame). So I have to fly on blue speed.

Version 1.2.2.1 on P3dv4.4. Frames 30-60fps. 

Guys....

We are working to figure this out.

1. One thing you can try (and please let us know if it works for you) is to do a Direct to the next waypoint (even if you're headed to it)... and then make sure everything (Course, Speed and Altitude (Climb/Level/Descent) are in the Managed Mode before you select the Direct To.  If doing a Direct To to the next waypoint doesn't work, please try doing a DirTo to the next waypoing after that.  This may help us to narrow this down.

2. When reporting on the Managed Speed Issue, it would be very helpful to have your system specs and let us know what you frame rates are when this occurs. 

Many thanks!

If there was a way of incrementally installing the updates until we see it happen might be helpful.The base installer doesn't have this issue. @Dave there is no consistency with it happening for me. Had it happen almost immediately after take off. Most times it happens in the climb. Last night after I did all the uninstalling and installing you suggested in the other thread and I thought progress had been made. It didn't happen during the climb. I saw you also flying online (MCI to MSP I think) and I was about to message you to let you know it wasn't happening and then it happened (of course lol). I even was able to do almost a dozen flights after the previous update and then it started happening again. I will help anyway possible. Love the aircraft and I was flying it a lot.

vor 11 Stunden , DaveCT2003 sagte:

Guys....

We are working to figure this out.

1. One thing you can try (and please let us know if it works for you) is to do a Direct to the next waypoint (even if you're headed to it)... and then make sure everything (Course, Speed and Altitude (Climb/Level/Descent) are in the Managed Mode before you select the Direct To.  If doing a Direct To to the next waypoint doesn't work, please try doing a DirTo to the next waypoing after that.  This may help us to narrow this down.

2. When reporting on the Managed Speed Issue, it would be very helpful to have your system specs and let us know what you frame rates are when this occurs. 

Many thanks!

Hi Dave.

I started the same flight again mimicking the same options, flight plan, inserts etc. 

The issue reoccurred shortly after reaching TOC where all of sudden managed speed droppped. No inputs, changes etc. done at that time.

I tried a direct to the next and after this to the 2nd next flpn entry - no change. 

Machine specs:

Intel Core i7 6700K, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, GTX1070. FPS tuned to 30-60.

Screen shots attached (with debug open)

Please login to display this image.

17 hours ago, Sandy said:

Hi Dave.

I started the same flight again mimicking the same options, flight plan, inserts etc. 

The issue reoccurred shortly after reaching TOC where all of sudden managed speed droppped. No inputs, changes etc. done at that time.

I tried a direct to the next and after this to the 2nd next flpn entry - no change. 

Machine specs:

Intel Core i7 6700K, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, GTX1070. FPS tuned to 30-60.

Screen shots attached (with debug open)

Thanks very much for checking this and your report!

One thing I should have said was to drop back into Selected Mode for speed and set a speed comensurate with your altitude and associated phase of flight (250kts below 10,000ft. 300kts for climb, etc.), and then initiate the Direct To.  This may make a difference.

Please let me know if you did the above, or if you simply did the Direct To without changing the speed (both ways provide information).

Also, we need to track whether people are suffering this issue when using and not using the Copilot and Checklist functions.  I don't use either of those, and I have to wonder if those seeing this issue are using them.

Once we get Connected Flight Deck working (we're starting some testing this week) we can use it to help us view this problem in real time.  This is important as none of the test team can reproduce this issue.

vor 6 Stunden , DaveCT2003 sagte:

Thanks very much for checking this and your report!

One thing I should have said was to drop back into Selected Mode for speed and set a speed comensurate with your altitude and associated phase of flight (250kts below 10,000ft. 300kts for climb, etc.), and then initiate the Direct To.  This may make a difference.

Please let me know if you did the above, or if you simply did the Direct To without changing the speed (both ways provide information).

Also, we need to track whether people are suffering this issue when using and not using the Copilot and Checklist functions.  I don't use either of those, and I have to wonder if those seeing this issue are using them.

Once we get Connected Flight Deck working (we're starting some testing this week) we can use it to help us view this problem in real time.  This is important as none of the test team can reproduce this issue.

Hi.

What I tried so far was:

- Managed speed - Direct - No change

- Selected speed - Direct - back to managed - no change

- Change to heading mode in selected speed - back to managed speed - no change 

- Change altitude +- 1000 feet (selected speed) - back to managed speed - no change 

- Changed to cost index to force a different managed speed - no change 

So once the issue is hit magenta speed wants to go down to 1XX knots no matter what. The value it picked had been varying in the flights without any logic I could observe ranging from 108kt to 174kt

Other observations:

- When the issue is hit the descent speed in managed is stuck at 1000 ft/min (selected speed) and glide path is not kept due to this. Descent has to be done in v/s speed mode.  

- The approach phase is not impacted - so during approach I can switch back to managed speed. 

Kind regards. 

vor 12 Stunden , DaveCT2003 sagte:

Nope, i didnt use them and this same thing occured (see here, i reported with pictures)

It also has nothing to do with FPS. When this occured i had 31 of 31 locked frames per sec.Like always, it usually doesnt drop below this if not in very heavy areas directly on the landing.

I'm also adding myself to the affected users, I only encountered this issue now after hundreds of hours in the same aircraft. I only updated recently by the way, using the updater.

After I was issued a DIRECT-TO by ATC, I noticed that the aircraft is not flying the managed speed.

Well how about that. The flight I started seconds after reading this thread, it happened to me. For what it's worth, out of maybe 10 flights, this is the first time it happened. 

As you can see in the photo, MCDU says the managed speed should be at .77. However, the managed speed is actually (per the PFD) well within the 205 kt range, and you can see the aircraft is in managed speed mode. 

I have a hunch as to why I think it happened, but not sure how plausible. Looking at a load sheet from simbrief, the dispatch sheet said I should have a CI of 60, so I set it as such (for the record, saw "60" and went, "I've never set this that high in the bus before"). So I'm wondering if that had an effect on the CLIMB and CRZ profiles. The CLIMB past 10,000 ft and upward was still at a speed of around 220kts, and the aircraft was in managed mode at that time with a climb rate of roughly 2300 ft/m (which did not appear to be normal given the past 10 flights I'd done had the a/c pitching down to achieve a speed of ~270 kts on the climb). After seeing that, I assumed the results I was seeing was because of the high cost index, so I changed it back to 8 (were I normally put it), but no changes took effect to the way the a/c was operating.

Assuming it would correct itself because of what the CRZ profile showed, the "Set manage speed" memo appeared, so I set manage speed mode expecting it to execute what it's publishing (.77 on the CRZ page), however, per the image, the speed being commanded by the a/c is no where near what it's suppose to be per the MCDU. So with that said, for the duration of the flight, I'm controlling the speed manually. Womp.

Will do another turn here when I land in DEN with a normal CI to see if all correct themselves, but, it did just happen to me as well.

Good information guys!

I'll make sure the dev sees the new entries in this thread.  I think the only thing to check in this area (to eliminate as a possible cause) is if there is a speed or altitude constraint that causes this.  How I wish I saw this happening on my computer... it would be a LOT easier to figure out!

We thank you guys so very much for helping us with this!

I also experienced the issue now two times. Speed drops to 124 knots during climb and cruise. I tried to experiment with load and flightplan but couldn't fix it.

Today i make a flight  from LFSB to LOWW and have the Speed Drop Problem. (LH A320)

Then i start after landing the same flight from LFSB to LOWW and turned on my wing anti ice and Engine anti ice.

At this flight i had no Problem with the Speed.

I remember for some years i had simliar Problems, the Problem was the wetterengine (Aktiv Sky) when it was very cold.

I lost allways Speed without the window heat.

Sorry about my bad englisch....

Frank from EDDM

if this happens again .. select manual speed then open the MCDU and go dir to the next fix along your route even if it is the next fix then try managed speed again... doing this i was able to get back into managed mode fine.

Archived